Post update: 135i cant turn traction off?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leo_Straight6
  • 11 comments
  • 1,715 views
Messages
255
Hey guys,

Just downloaded the update for GT5P and I've noticed that if I try driving a standard 135i at Suzuka in arcade mode, even if I turn off the traction control and stability control, it disallows me from putting down full throttle when coming out of corners if the car will oversteer.

Its exactly like if the car went off the road and you just cant put down full throttle.

This really sucks, I am very annoyed. I then modified the car in quick tune and reduced the weight to the minimum and then somehow it allowed me to go full throttle.... then went back and then I can't oversteer anymore :nervous:

I tried the same thing in the Elise 111R and theres no problem there, why have they done this? This sucks.
 
Are you using professional or standard physics?
 
I think the car in real life, Most cars that Have stability controls button and you turn it off, its always on. I have a 1995 c280, I have the stability controll button, even when it's off, and I push the car, the traction controls will turn on automatically(I really dislike that idea). So I am guessing the BMW in real life has same thing, so they just wanted to add that in.
Or it might be a bug ;)
 
I think the car in real life, Most cars that Have stability controls button and you turn it off, its always on. I have a 1995 c280, I have the stability controll button, even when it's off, and I push the car, the traction controls will turn on automatically(I really dislike that idea). So I am guessing the BMW in real life has same thing, so they just wanted to add that in.
Or it might be a bug ;)

One press of the Traction button in a BMW in real life disables traction / stability control only a wee bit. However, hold the button down for 10 seconds and its all 100% off. So this sounds like maybe theres a bug in the game
 
Are you using professional or standard physics?

i have the feeling he IS driving on standard mode too....hope he will clear this soon,beceause the 135i is a real spinner in the game when tc is turned off,so IMO there is no bug.....


spyrrari.
 
or maybe his traction controls were on.. and he just found out ;)
 
Just tried it on pro and didn't come across that problem.

Not sure what's up with yours mate, I'll try standard to see if it's because of that.

No problems, the only time it cut the throttle was when I tried to drift on the grass.
 
Last edited:
Leo_Straight6, you must play in basic physics mode, because in professional, it's very good car and indeed very good drifting car. After update it's very well ballanced car and has very faithfully simulated driving characteristics from real life.
 
I think the car in real life, Most cars that Have stability controls button and you turn it off, its always on. I have a 1995 c280, I have the stability controll button, even when it's off, and I push the car, the traction controls will turn on automatically(I really dislike that idea). So I am guessing the BMW in real life has same thing, so they just wanted to add that in.
Or it might be a bug ;)

thats only in Mercs where you can't turn Stabilty program completely off, in a BMW you can :)
 
thats only in Mercs where you can't turn Stabilty program completely off, in a BMW you can :)

Yeah I hate that IDEA! I hear on new 63 AMG models you can FINNALLY FINNNNNNALLLY turn it off!
 
Hey guys,

Just downloaded the update for GT5P and I've noticed that if I try driving a standard 135i at Suzuka in arcade mode, even if I turn off the traction control and stability control, it disallows me from putting down full throttle when coming out of corners if the car will oversteer.

They are still on, you exited out of the menu the wrong way and canceled the changes.
 
Back