Post WW2 classic cars, what are your favorites ?.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smoke&Slide
  • 19 comments
  • 1,680 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
2,119
United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
Messages
FanofGT5
This is a classics only thread & most likely a pointless wishlist :sly:.What are your favorites of all time then.

One other thing i remembered, would be nice to have auto throttle blipper for when changing down through the gears.Could switch it off in driving options menu or something.
 
Last edited:
I don't see this thread lasting long..
 
I don't see this thread lasting long..

Then you shouldn't post, IBTL posts are against clear rules here.

However, I don't see any wrong doing in this thread. The master car list is not a wishlist and anything is better than another whining thread.

So, I'll answer to the OP saying that I am both a classics fan and a Le Mans cars fan. So, the first classics I would pick would be mostly famous LM race cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's

JUst imagine if we could relive, in La Sarthe ... online ... the battles between the Ford GT40 (already in the GT series) and the Ferraris (250 LM, P3, P3/4, P4).

Or later ... the Ferraris 512 against .... oh crap ... no Porsche in GT :indiff:
 
1932 Ford Roadster/3 window Coupe
 
id like to see some of the 60s/70s Canam cars like the maclaren m6b
 
Hahaha reading owns me. This should be about pre WW2 cars though
 
Toyota 2000 gt. E type jaguar. Ferarri testa rossa and dino to name a few.
 
1969 Holden Monaro GTS
 
1965-1968 Ford GT40 by a huge margin. Still think it's the most beautiful car ever made. Flawless and timeless.
 
I've been waiting for a new thread like this to pop up, just so I could mention this...

The Ferrari 246GT 👍

I've suddenly had a massive love affair with this car. Has to be one of the best looking classics of all time. Really the only Ferrari I wish to own in GT5.
 
I would love to see a Ferrari 599XX V12 in a 275
 
1950 Alfa Romeo 159 Formula 1 and 1957 Maserati 250F F1. Both of this is a big hell yeah! One could hope and remake the Nurburgring of the 50's battle!
 
1969 Camaro Z-28 with a 358 C.I Small-Block Chevy motor or a 1979 Camaro,1957 Bel-Air etc.
 
I would also love to see that Mustang from the movie 'Gone in 60 Seconds'. that Shelby GT500 Eleanor or whatever it's called.
 
1964 Chevrolet Impalla SS, 327 CI. Definately not the festest or lightest car around but it was my first car and I would love to see it in the game. Also would be nice to see a '62 Chevrolet Nova II. I love American lead sleds!
 
don't know when the 'post' era ended so/but
Jaguar E-type Roadster
(taking my chances :D)Mclaren F1
 
I would love to see 1957 and 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air or Impala with 5.7 and 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe, 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback, 1968 Dodge Charger and 1976 Chevrolet El Camino all with realistic engine sounds!
 
Jaguar C, D and E Types.

Lotus F1 cars - reflecting the revolutionary change from FR to MR layout.

A selection of the classic 60's Le Mans racers

Stretching to pre-war - a Bently Blower and Napier Railton 24 litre of Brooklands fame
 
This is a classics only thread & most likely a pointless wishlist :sly:.What are your favorites of all time then.

If it was in the Cars in General forum, it'd just be a "favourite classics" thread. But you put it in the GT5 forum, clearly making it "a pointless wishlist".

Particularly when you add a wholly random thought about something you'd like to see in GT5:


One other thing i remembered, would be nice to have auto throttle blipper for when changing down through the gears.Could switch it off in driving options menu or something.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back