Posting Images from Flickr - Tutorial

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 14 comments
Fezz_ST
Fezz ST
This is a tutorial on how to post pictures from flickr (it's the hardest to know how) as an Image on forums

First you need to upload your Image, pretty simple, so we'll skip that part

Once you've uploaded your image(s) you need to grab the Direct Link this takes some time with flickr unlike imageshack and photobucket

First you need to view your photostream

6410870435_3721a8d2a2_b.jpg

This will show you your recently uploaded images first, we need to get the size you want, so we will click on the image you need

6410870173_d483d8199a_b.jpg

Not too hard right, so lets get a generic size that we use on Forza Planet, that being Maximum 500px on any side for competitions I only upload in 500px but you'll have more options than below

6410869945_d4e572b100_b.jpg

OK so now we're into the harder part, getting this single image from Flickr onto a forum, so we need to right click the image again, this will bring up some options and we're looking for View Image

6410869663_d7cca8c72e_b.jpg

We've right clicked onto View Image and now all we can see is this image and a web address, this is what we're after, right click the address bar and click on Copy

6410869435_0387d6c9f1_b.jpg

ok so we've got the URL we need, now to post it, you can do this 2 ways, but the easiest way is to just type before you paste the url of the Image and we need to finish that with [/ img] take the space out between the / and img otherwise it won't work

[img]http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6037/6410917137_2294e36bc2_b.jpg

everything is fine up to:-

"OK so now we're into the harder part, getting this single image from Flickr onto a forum, so we need to right click the image again, this will bring up some options and we're looking for View Image"

i right click on the picture but am not getting those options as shown.

not sure why?

I was thinking of doing this cause it gets asked a lot. Nice work man. Would it be difficult for you to add Photobucket and ImageShack? Otherwise I have a bucket account too and I could reply here with a tutorial how to make that work.

Have those too Bry, if you want to send me the links for your tutorial screens for PB and IS I'll add them into the OP

hooray, has took me hours to finally work out my internet explorer 8 will not function with Flickr correctly for sharing photos lol :confused:

Firefox is the way to go!

Oh no probs, we will see who gets theirs done first then :P

Your thread I don't want to butt in. Good luck.

hooray, has took me hours to finally work out my internet explorer 8 will not function with Flickr correctly for sharing photos lol :confused:

Firefox is the way to go!

Wait, why you using IE? lol. I use Flickr and Firefox too. Sorry it was a hassle and can't wait to see some more of your pics. Welcome.

Back