Power to weight ratio - formula?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Majarvis
  • 10 comments
  • 685 views

Majarvis

(Banned)
Messages
1,423
I was just wondering what formula the game uses to find the power to weight ratio in the game. I thought it was the horsepower divided by the weight, but it isn't. Also, is the formula that the game uses the same as in real life?
 
Hi Majarvis :
:D Don't have my PS2 fired up at the moment, so I can't check for you, But try dividing the WEIGHT by the HP...UB57
:D
 
Actually, though, there's a glitch in the NTSC version, at least for the torque. They converted the weight to pounds, but they left the torque number in newton-metres, or whatever. It seams like the torque numbers are all a decimal place off buit they're actually something like .06 / the real number, not .10 /. 12sec Civic, I believe, knows the exact answer to this.
 
The game says the torque is measured in lb-ft. But those numbers are actually the torque figures measured in kg-m (Kilogram Meters).


In Japan, they use Kg-M to measure torque, so it got left in the game.


So, to convert the torque from Kg-M to Ft-Lbs do this. Multiply by 7.233


Take your torque figure. i.e. Fully modded Viper GTS has a torque figure of 100.4 in the game. Alot of people think that it has 1,004 ft-lbs. No, to get the correct number, multiply by 7.233. So, in fact the fully modded Viper GTS actually has 726 ft-lbs. (100.4 X 7.233)
 
wah...thers quite a few glitches in the NTSC version...
 
Originally posted by UB57
Hi Majarvis :
:D Don't have my PS2 fired up at the moment, so I can't check for you, But try dividing the WEIGHT by the HP...UB57
:D

Doh! :dunce: Never tried that, lol
 
lmao!
I thought the power to weight was easy peasy!
:D
:lol:
 
Originally posted by ving
lmao!
I thought the power to weight was easy peasy!
:D
:lol:

It is, I just need more
zzz.gif
 
/me gives Majarvis a sleeping pill... :)
 
ving, your posts give us all a sleeping pill...Just Kidding!!!
...UB57
:D :D :D :D :D
 
Back