Power/Weight points ratio

• Thread starter Salone
  • 3 comments
Hi, I' m building a PC application to store car settings and wanted to include the points you can spend on a track for Power/Weight.

Does somebody know if points in/-decrease are calculated when you change the slider, or is it fixed for all the cars by every increase of Power/Weight slider value?

I think i understand what you mean, all the cars are different on some you can move the slider twice and it only changes by 1pp. Is that what you mean?

Yep that is what i mean. So one solution is to check every increase and store those values. But that gives a lot of configuration work for every car. So i was hoping that it could be calculated. But i can't find a relation between the increase of the slider and the point increase.

I doubt there is ny relation at all. Especially considering that at 600 PP you can get many cars with different PWRs. I think it has more to do with PD's guesswork at what cars should be allowed what acceleration combined with their handling to even out the field. This includes things like stopping power and cornering ability too, so figuring out a method that works for all the cars seems virtually impossible.

Back