PowerAssist! On or Off ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr Turismo
  • 3 comments
  • 544 views
Messages
276
Messages
msturismo
I was wondering, what the differences between POWERASSINT on and OFF in the steeringwheel options.

I used to play with this setting ON...since the beginning, and couple days ago i switched it to OFF. After reading a couple threads about this subject, and collecting my own impressions... i still have doubts regarding the REAL differences between both settings...

I had this impression...that with POWERSTERING OFF i could "feel" the car ( Bumps, weight transfer when braking, etc ).. more than when "POWERSTERING was ON ... " .

So, someone could just point what is the MAIN difference? Whats the more realistic one?
 
If it's the option I think you mean, what it does is back off the FFB motors when you move the wheel quickly - like trying to catch a slide. It's to enable it to be a bit more possible to catch a slide and nothing more than that.

I have it on, and find it helps with car control quite a bit, but when moveing the wheel slowly (normal race use) it does not change things at all.
 
If it's the option I think you mean, what it does is back off the FFB motors when you move the wheel quickly - like trying to catch a slide. It's to enable it to be a bit more possible to catch a slide and nothing more than that.

I have it on, and find it helps with car control quite a bit, but when moveing the wheel slowly (normal race use) it does not change things at all.

I believe DrkPhnyx is correct. It just effects the FFB strength when making a turn. I find it better when set to ON because it reduces the centering strength of the wheel and allows some of the more subtle FFB effects to shine through. With it OFF it tends to drown out the curb bumps and other effects you might feel on the car in a turn.
 
I believe DrkPhnyx is correct. It just effects the FFB strength when making a turn. I find it better when set to ON because it reduces the centering strength of the wheel and allows some of the more subtle FFB effects to shine through. With it OFF it tends to drown out the curb bumps and other effects you might feel on the car in a turn.

But doesn't that also slow down the auto-centering of the wheel?
 
Back