Pozzi Camaro RS and it´s Spring Rate numbers.

Brazil
Porto Alegre
LazyLiquid
I saw many weird things around the GT world, but i never saw something like this. What the heck are that numbers? Why such high front spring rate?

Is it because this is an exhibition car? Or it was built to have no springs at all on front? A glitch, maybe?
And how to finetune this freaking weird suspension for drifting?

Im not saying that the standard suspension is undriftble, by the oposite is quite decent. But how to calculate better parameters in a suspension totaly with no parameter?

There are alot of variables that determines a cars spring rate and i'm not even sure PD incorporated the data in the game.

Google wheel rate.

I adapted to 6's physics using that car and it worked just fine for me. Can't remember the rates used though. As far as tuning off of gt's tune, you'll just have to feel it

Last edited:
I haven't tried the Pozzi myself, but there are a few other cars that have odd spring rates.

The one I can think of off the top of my head is the Z33....the softest the rear springs go to is 13.3, which is much stiffer than the minimum of 5.0 from GT5. Hard to say whether this was intended or not :confused:

I´ts something like 43,5 kgf/mm Front and 8,5 kgf/mm Rear.
And the minimum that the front can reach is 22,something... what is still much higher than the max of most cars in game.

Thats tricky to understand and setup.

When I setup a car I just refer to the blue bars under the numbers, gt5 seems to have a massive range of spring numbers are therefore a setup based on spring rate is pretty useless. This isn't true to real life obviously.

Try around 60-65% stiff up front and 40-50% on the rear ;)

When I setup a car I just refer to the blue bars under the numbers, gt5 seems to have a massive range of spring numbers are therefore a setup based on spring rate is pretty useless. This isn't true to real life obviously.

Try around 60-65% stiff up front and 40-50% on the rear ;)

The numbers actually do have an effect. Same as differentials when some diffs are on 50 80... You can't reach 80 with an LSD, but the number's still exist. :)

Back