PP Calculator (for Gran Turismo Website)

Chile
Chile
cristobal458
EDIT: Since in GT Sport Perfomance Points are gone, let's suppose that PP will return in GT7.

Polyphony Digital should add a PP calculator for GT Website which allows you to calculate the PP of cars that aren't on GT. In order to use it, you must add certain data such as Power, RPM, Torque, Weight, Drivetrain, Dimensions, etc.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you were referring to this website or the actual official site, but GTPlanet.net is not an official GT website. GTPlanet is a unofficial website run by Jordan. He has no connection with Sony or Polyphony Digital.

That said, your suggestion may not be feasible as PP probably depends on aspects of the car that only exist virtually in the game. Car stats and modeling may differ significantly from the real vehicles intentionally or unintentionally.

I'm not so certain that it's feasible either. Power and weight are certainly factors. So is torque. And downforce.

Frontal area and drag coefficient are likely to be part of the calculation. (That's a guess on my part.)

I'm also guessing that the PP formula is proprietary intellectual property.

Finally, if the entire calculation method were exposed, then you can bet that the knowledge would lead to exploits which some may call "cheats".

Edit:

Here are more guesses. I'd guess that cars with innately superior suspension systems would attract a higher PP if all other factors are equal.

It may be that cars with superior braking systems as standard also are given a higher PP. However, I notice that replacing the stock brakes with Race Brakes has no impact on PP. So I really have no idea what's going on.

Some weight reduction upgrades increase PP, some don't. Reducing rotating mass in the drivetrain also seems to not affect PP, even though it not only reduces rotating mass, it reduces the weight of the car.

Replacing wheels seems to have no PP effect.

The edit above is based on my limited experience, so there may be exceptions to what I've written. But I sure am confused. Especially because tire type doesn't ever enter into the equation. No matter if they are cheap commuting tires, dirt tires, snow tires, racing slicks, wets - it's all the same. IRL, I'm quite sure that a GT2 car with its carefully tuned suspension will not take kindly to being shod on so-called "comfort" tires. And an ancient Fiat 500 could behave quite strangely on racing slicks.

I conclude that in the interests of avoiding too much complexity for us, the customers, there are some simplifying factors built in.

</endramble>

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you were referring to this website or the actual official site, but GTPlanet.net is not an official GT website. GTPlanet is a unofficial website run by Jordan. He has no connection with Sony or Polyphony Digital.

Seriously.......:confused::confused::confused:

That said, your suggestion may not be feasible as PP probably depends on aspects of the car that only exist virtually in the game. Car stats and modeling may differ significantly from the real vehicles intentionally or unintentionally.

Yes, but if you have noticed, certain aspects such as weight and power have an influence on PP, even if certain stats differ intentionally or unintentionally, the calculator should give an estimation about the PP of a certain car that isn't on GT (Ex: Bugatti Chiron, Maybach Exelero, Aston Martin Valkyrie, etc).

Seriously.......:confused::confused::confused:
Yes posting here doesn't mean what you say will be seen by PD/Sony.

Yes, but if you have noticed, certain aspects such as weight and power have an influence on PP, even if certain stats differ intentionally or unintentionally, the calculator should give an estimation about the PP of a certain car that isn't on GT (Ex: Bugatti Chiron, Maybach Exelero, Aston Martin Valkyrie, etc).
However it may also take into account data that has no real world equivalent. For example, GT5 used grip multipliers to determine cornering capability. If these numbers factored into PP, the formula might be nonsensical with real data.

Back