PP is not correct

  • Thread starter Thread starter jagrajj
  • 5 comments
  • 867 views
Messages
337
Messages
jagrajj
Hi I have the SLS AMG GT3 15th anniversary edition all maxed out 996bhp weighs 1350 and the PP according to GT6 is 695. I tried to use the Mercedes to complete the Dream Car Championship on the ia level but had no luck. I then choose the Audi R18 15th Anniversary'11 which has 808bhp weighs 900kg YET the PP is 678!!! :confused: and won the Dream Car Championship with the Audi. How many other cars PP is incorrect I wonder???:confused:
 
Jagrajj,


PP only provides a rough estimate. It has never been perfect. You need to analyze the tracks that you are racing as well. PP really falls apart when those high down force cars are used. I can't recall if someone figured out how PD's PP calculations work or not.
 
Ok no worries. Thanks for the reply. Seems strange to have PP as a criteria when it isn't accurate. I always thought it was based on the performance of the car. I know in GT5 the tyres didn't effect PP.
 
D_M
Jagrajj,


PP only provides a rough estimate. It has never been perfect. You need to analyze the tracks that you are racing as well. PP really falls apart when those high down force cars are used. I can't recall if someone figured out how PD's PP calculations work or not.


Wow, PP has always been spot-on for me (in GT5), to the point to where, after a couple of laps, if I get out of the race, it would make me go to my garage and take a little hp away so I could re-enter the same race.
 
Hi I have the SLS AMG GT3 15th anniversary edition all maxed out 996bhp weighs 1350 and the PP according to GT6 is 695. I tried to use the Mercedes to complete the Dream Car Championship on the ia level but had no luck. I then choose the Audi R18 15th Anniversary'11 which has 808bhp weighs 900kg YET the PP is 678!!! :confused: and won the Dream Car Championship with the Audi. How many other cars PP is incorrect I wonder???:confused:

The SLS is correct PP but the Audi R18 should be a 735 pp car with those figures. With a 50pp hidden advantage it would be a cheat car similar to a 2J.
 
Well in GT6 aero is not considered a factor in PP calculations, only weight and power are.

Your example is rather odd, I agree, but the Audi won because of the huge downforce and less weight compared to the Mercedes.

It's odd because I've thought until now that weight had more of a bias in PP calculations, but maybe that was just in GT5.
 
Back