Practice Mode is useless...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gamerwillz
  • 29 comments
  • 2,486 views
Messages
270
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
Gamerwillz
In Practice Mode, when you create a lap record in a Nissan GT-R, for example, but when you quit, and go back using the same car and beat the existing record. It makes a new record without overwriting the existing record. This annoys me. Why didn't it just OVERWRITE the existing record? The game should detect that I'm using the same car I used before and load the existing record!

Very disappointing. The practice mode appears to be useless now.

I want to make a neat list of record using different cars with my fastest lap times. I don't want any duplicates!!
 
I also have mild OCD on that point =P But personally I just made a .txt file on my PC with all my lap times.
 
I also have mild OCD on that point =P But personally I just made a .txt file on my PC with all my lap times.

Thought I should do that as well! 👍
 
Last edited:
In Practice Mode, when you create a lap record in a Nissan GT-R, for example, but when you quit, and go back using the same car and beat the existing record. It makes a new record without overwriting the existing record. This annoys me. Why didn't it just OVERWRITE the existing record? The game should detect that I'm using the same car I used before and load the existing record!

Very disappointing. The practice mode appears to be useless now.

I want to make a neat list of record using different cars with my fastest lap times. I don't want any duplicates!!

i know what you mean. I practice alot on trial mountain circuit to see what car i have goes fastest around the track, its also the course i tune my cars at, so now i have like 4 lap records from an s2k, 2 zondas, 3 vipers, and i cant remember what else. -.-
 
I think the Lap Times are stupid, because:

1. You can't delete individual lap times
2. Only 10 individual times can be recorded
3. Like OP said, they duplicate

Simple stuff like that needs to be fixed!
 
I think the Lap Times are stupid, because:

1. You can't delete individual lap times
2. Only 10 individual times can be recorded
3. Like OP said, they duplicate

Simple stuff like that needs to be fixed!

i know :( you can only clear the whole list, which sucks cus some of the times i actually want to save
 
I think the Lap Times are stupid, because:

1. You can't delete individual lap times
2. Only 10 individual times can be recorded
3. Like OP said, they duplicate

Simple stuff like that needs to be fixed!

"Only 10 individual times can be recorded" - What?! You mean maximum of 10 lap times? That's rubbish! 👎

Another down side of GT5... :guilty:
 
This is a problem that was also present on GT4. It takes away from the longevity of the offline game as eventually, all lap record charts will be a list of X2010 times.
 
Practice mode desperately needs a garage icon at the bottom too. Its so lame to have to back out wait for loading screens to get another car.
 
In Practice Mode, when you create a lap record in a Nissan GT-R, for example, but when you quit, and go back using the same car and beat the existing record. It makes a new record without overwriting the existing record. This annoys me. Why didn't it just OVERWRITE the existing record? The game should detect that I'm using the same car I used before and load the existing record!

Very disappointing. The practice mode appears to be useless now.

I want to make a neat list of record using different cars with my fastest lap times. I don't want any duplicates!!

I think that they would make it that it does a new lap record so you can see your improvement, like if you were tuning a car.
 
I have a similar gripe with Practice Modes Single Make Race. I can handle the fact that I am superior driver to the Bobs they pit you against, but HATE the fact that all the Bob's receive stock cars. So any modification to your car and you will most likely decimate the Bobs.
 
I agree with you guys, Kaz must assume someone of us in order to arrange all this little details because at PD people are sleeping and looking only at glitch stuff.
 
All that and, in my opinion, something to change the track settings in practice mode, like in the online mode, as well.
 
Am I the only one that likes practice mode? I only use it for hotlapping cars stock & then running them fully modded to see the difference. For some cars (Toyota Sprinter) a monster can be made. If they got rid of the dup lap times, I wouldn't be able to see the improvement :nervous: which would make my testing pointless. I do agree however with the prospect of having more then 10 times listed per track.
 
Practice?



Practice. :)

And it's not useless. Practice makes perfect, you know!
 
It is stupid and unfinished, but I use it.. PD should create more options in Practise mode, Rolling or standing starts, oponent difficulty etc... alot is missing.. this makes me mad sometimes.. some of the stuff is so easy to fix/add, but it just isnt there..... grrrr.. should be all stuff from online lobby there, and even more!

C-ZETA
Practice?



Practice. :)

And it's not useless. Practice makes perfect, you know!


this was epic, you found best place for this useless video! :) 👍
 
Well, you may want to reword the thread title then, since the lap records chart is flawed, and not the whole practice mode. :odd:

Whilst I agree that there should be only one record per car model, I also use a excel file on my phone to list my hotlaps. Wouldn't be hard to implement such hotlap sheet into the game, but I guess there were other priorities back at the time the game was being developed.

Nevertheless, the lack of said feature doesn't invalidate the offline Practice mode in any way to me.
 
This is a problem that was also present on GT4. It takes away from the longevity of the offline game as eventually, all lap record charts will be a list of X2010 times.

This.
 
In Practice Mode, when you create a lap record in a Nissan GT-R, for example, but when you quit, and go back using the same car and beat the existing record. It makes a new record without overwriting the existing record. This annoys me. Why didn't it just OVERWRITE the existing record? The game should detect that I'm using the same car I used before and load the existing record!

Very disappointing. The practice mode appears to be useless now.

I want to make a neat list of record using different cars with my fastest lap times. I don't want any duplicates!!

It takes the top 10 times. So if you've run it clean 10 times in the same car it'll have all ten. One won't get replaced until you beat it. Makes sense to me.
 
In GT4 it saved an infinite amount of times. But I like Practice mode I do cross-country stuff so it doesn't matter weather it shows it or not but that's just me.
 
I think it's because Practice mode is different to Time Trial in Arcade mode. If I recall in GT Mode's Practice cars lose power with engine wear but in TT mode they don't since it's Arcade mode.

Ultimately different variables are being used...if you know what I mean.
 
Simple fix?

Save each fast lap and then load it as a Ghost replay. Delete the ones you don't need.

Move along now; nothing further to see here.
 
Yeah I hate that duplicate thing also.👎
What I have noticed since the last update also, is that it has the times from ALL your different accounts.
For instance I have my original BroncosXR8 account, my GTP_BroncosXR8 account and a JPBroncosXR8 (Japanese) account that I use for B-Spec remote racing.
Now I purchase different cars on the different accounts depending on what account has what money.
If I buy the FGT on my JP account and use it in practise it shows up on the practise leaderboard for ALL accounts on my PS3, this can be a double edged sword:yuck:.

So what I do instead is use Excel, one main doc lists all the tracks in the game and they are hyperlinked to their respective track docs. I than can keep an infinite leaderboard for any track, with as many duplicates as I decide ie NONE.:)

What I do have is another column for TUNING which I can than hyperlink to another doc that has all the tuning laid out. (You can get the tuning doc from the tuning forum).:sly:

After all that, (and if it is to much work for some) their is a :tup:PUBLIC LAPTIME LEADERBOARD:tup: hosted on google docs that people can enter their times. Many GTPlanet members are on it.
Check out the link in my sig.👍
 
The other alternative is to save your best lap ghosts, not the be all end all of solutions but its one way around the current practice setup.

EDIT: Oldhairpin beat me to it :)
 
If only they have more slots for your times. If they do, then I won't really care whether lap times will "overwrite".
 
GT3 let you delete individual times....another case of the GT series actually going backwards regards to features.
 
audirs
In that case why are there so many terrible drivers online?

"we talking about practise man, not the game, we talking about practise, how the hell my online players improve by practise, we talking about practise man, practise!" :sly:👍
 
Back