Pre-Endurance Race Pit Stops

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Nerd
  • 12 comments
  • 833 views
Messages
67
Messages
Doctor Math
I just unlocked the Extreme Events and started chipping away at those. My first set of races was the German Car Championship (I forget the real name.....long German word). Anyway, I discovered as I was racing Bspec for the first time that I now have pit stop options. I was always under the impression that stuff like tire wear and refueling was only necessary with the endurance races.....nothing before that. I went ahead and had my driver finish the race with no problem.....but it got me wondering......am I missing something? Is there a reason I should be pit stopping in these Extreme Events?
 
The extreme events almost never last long enough to need a pit stop. It shows the fuel and tires on every difficulty but you only have to worry about it in the endurance races.
 
i think in the FGT race, you might have to pit, but I cannot confirm since its the only event that I have not done....yet....
 
Not all races require pit-stops. The only races that may require pit-stops are those that have two drivers, such as the Super GT races, the Formula GT races, and the Dream Car Championship.


You may have to pit during races 1,4,5 and 6 in the FGT championship.

5 and 6 (Monza and Suzuka) could be due to picking the wrong tire/changing conditions.

Nurburgring just in case the car flies around.

Fuji because you may run out of fuel if you don't pit.
 
Dream Car CCp you dont need stop 22 rounds indy 12 or 14 monza 12 tokyo 5 le man 3 nordschleife
 
^Thanks! On that note.....what is the best all-round tire that most of you choose for these events? I would think the FGT would be a bear to handle without at least racing mediums......right?
 
^Thanks! On that note.....what is the best all-round tire that most of you choose for these events? I would think the FGT would be a bear to handle without at least racing mediums......right?

In B-Spec, racing hards would be your best bet and if you have them, slap on racing softs for short stints.
 
I don't remember my tires getting any wear on Extreme events. The tire indicator was there but just to show the tire temperature :confused:
 
Maybe you didn't put significant wear on the tires, but the tires wear in every race in GT5, no matter how short.
 
I don't remember my tires getting any wear on Extreme events. The tire indicator was there but just to show the tire temperature :confused:

In B-Spec there is tire-wear.
 
in some cases you need to pit when it starts raining on you. I know that it does that in the Dream Car championship ...
 
I don't remember my tires getting any wear on Extreme events. The tire indicator was there but just to show the tire temperature :confused:

As the tyres wear they take longer to cool down after sliding.
 
Back