Pre-order Bonuses

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 14 comments
  • 1,791 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperShouden

(Banned)
Messages
7,542
Messages
SuperShouden
Since I started this with GTPSP, I guess I'll start it for GT5, too. :P

US:
Amazon.com = Stealth Mercedes SLS
GameStop = Stealth McLaren F1 and GT5/GameStop Liveries #20 NASCAR


Notes:
Stealth Cars: Special Carbon fiber bodies, with a livery by PD and tuned by PD with things like weight reduction and power upgrade. These sound like they'll be race ready right out of the box, no tinkering involved.

GameStop NASCAR
: Despite what GS has on their site the NASCAR is a Cup Car with a "Fictional" livery

Right, if anyone else has any more pre-order cars they want to add, feel free to post them
 
Last edited:
Man I hate all the pre-order bonus crud, when you pay for a game you shouldn't be missing out on stuff just coz you get elsewhere
 
Man I hate all the pre-order bonus crud, when you pay for a game you shouldn't be missing out on stuff just coz you get elsewhere
What are you missing out, exactly? The cars you get are your normal in game cars. They just have a few upgrades and a custom look. They're rewarding you for putting money in their pockets ahead of time. I don't see the big deal. We're not paying extra for these things.
 
Yeah, if the mods want to kill this thread, they can do it. :P
 
spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!
 
that other topic is irrelevant. TC is gonna update his with infos on preorder bonuses while the other is just asking about it. I'd much rather find all the infos about preorders on post 1 rather than having to skim through a thread or worse make a new topic about it
 
I would assume BestBuy is going to have a pre-order, but I don't know about the others. PSP had preorder cars at Game Crazy and through the online Playstation Store. But, I don't know about GT5. We'll see.
 
What are you missing out, exactly? The cars you get are your normal in game cars. They just have a few upgrades and a custom look. They're rewarding you for putting money in their pockets ahead of time. I don't see the big deal. We're not paying extra for these things.

Stealth McLaren and #20 NASCAR if you go to Amazon.
 
This is a bad idea
because what should I do if i want the special Nascar car and the SLS ? I don't will buy it 2 times lol
And I don't understand why there are different bonuses ,why?
 
So if I preorder the collector's edition from Gamestop, I'll get that SLS in the Stealth pack as well as the NASCAR voucher right?
 
Ok, one thing that bothers me.
Would it be possible to buy a normal car and fit the same upgrades? I don't care about whatever livery they put on a given car, but I do hope that the upgrades they come with are available to the normal cars as well.

Would be quite a bummer to find that a pre-order SLS will always be lighter than a normal one, even though both are upgraded to the max (for example).
 
Man I hate all the pre-order bonus crud, when you pay for a game you shouldn't be missing out on stuff just coz you get elsewhere
Yes, you should. They are offering incentives to attract customers. If you want everything available, buy multiple copies and then sell them once you used the unlock code. Can't be bothered? Can't risk the loss? Then make a decision - life is full of 'em, some not as easy or nice as others.
 
If one goes to the Playstation.com store and try to pre-order GT5, a lit of 6 stores pops up and I noticed that the pre-order cars seemed to be being unveiled in order of that list:

1. Amazon.com
2. Gamestop
3. BestBuy
4. Target
5. Buy.com
6. Barns & Noble

I don't know about Barns & Noble but it should be safe to assume that most, if not all, of these stores should have pre-order cars.

Also, it seems there's a Pre-order bonus being unveiled every week. 6+ cars would take us pretty close to GamesCom. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a car in those Pre-order cars that hasn't been unveiled yet. I would say the other Stealths would probably be a Lambo and a Ferrari and then maybe something else...maybe a Maserati...Maybe a NASCAR...who knows.
 
Nice Thread!! 👍
celticchristmas.jpg


But what's up with two thread of the same topic??

Man I hate all the pre-order bonus crud, when you pay for a game you shouldn't be missing out on stuff just coz you get elsewhere

i agree with you man, just like as i posted in the other thread...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back