Pre-order warning

Messages
533
Messages
cooldawn | GTP_Vincent_Vice
Messages
cooldawn
WARNING: I have just spoken with ShopTo and they are not stocking any of the special editions so don't wait for them to have them on pre-order.

I don't know how significant this is but I was waiting for this site to update to pre-order. Glad I didn't now.

Sorry if this breaks any rules chaps.
 
I have heard that Game has exclusive rights for the super dooper edition, not sure how long for though.
 
Yeah it does. Similar to how was it Zango? or something had the exclusivity on the MW2 super special edition
 
Yeah it does. Similar to how was it Zango? or something had the exclusivity on the MW2 super special edition

Was that the Prestige Edition with the NV Goggles. (thats what we had @ gamestop)
 
Was that the Prestige Edition with the NV Goggles. (thats what we had @ gamestop)

Yeah, one single UK retailer had the exclusivity on it.. I'm guessing this happens with this also, because Play and Amazon both have the Collectors edition however Game does not.
 
I have heard that Game has exclusive rights for the super dooper edition, not sure how long for though.

Before the thread goes I just want to say that "gamestation" also has the Signature edition.
 
Before the thread goes I just want to say that "gamestation" also has the Signature edition.

Game own gamestation.
 
As soon as I deal a good deal for the collectors edition (£60 version) I will snap that one up, details are still sketchy on some sites still.
 
As soon as I deal a good deal for the collectors edition (£60 version) I will snap that one up, details are still sketchy on some sites still.

Where can you get the collectors edition in the uk for £60. I can't find it anywhere.
 
Well I pre-ordered my SE from gameplay.co.uk as I have had an account there for about 8 years.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't advertise it if they were not allowed to stock it...
 
Well I pre-ordered my SE from gameplay.co.uk as I have had an account there for about 8 years.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't advertise it if they were not allowed to stock it...

Ahh ok, maybe it's not so exclusive then. Yet again further reason for me to cancel
 
Well I pre-ordered my SE from gameplay.co.uk as I have had an account there for about 8 years.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't advertise it if they were not allowed to stock it...

GAME also own gameplay.co.uk as well as Gamestation.
 
Just letting any aussies out there know that i had no problem pre-ordering the signiture edition at JB-HIFI last night.
 
Just letting any aussies out there know that i had no problem pre-ordering the signiture edition at JB-HIFI last night.

Hey just wondering how much did it cost? I am interested in getting it but the price of 180 euros seems very expensive.
 
Hey just wondering how much did it cost? I am interested in getting it but the price of 180 euros seems very expensive.

It's $298 at EB (yes I ordered it)
 
I too can confirm the $300 price @ jb-hifi in NSW. (yes I ordered it too!)
 
Hmmmm, that's a lot of cash to fork out. Have to think about that. I'll have to look at the pack again, thanks for the response guys
 
it's certainly a lot of cash, no two ways about that, also I can understand that a lot of people wont see $300 worth of value in the signature edition no matter which way they look at it. However, considering that I've been waiting so long for this game, (and we still have a few months to go) I have decided to go "all out"! The good thing is, that there's also the Standard and Collectors edition also (if your not as crazy about GT as some of us). If I didn't already have a DFGT then I would probably consider getting a wheel and the Collectors or Standard edition instead. Each to their own!
 
Same here! Except in my nearest town, they're opposite each other!
 
it's a marketing trick.

People who previously shopped at gamestation before the takeover are more likely to still go into gamestation. It also allows the company to have sales competitions between stores and in effect, free market research to see what products different people buy.
 
I still go into both, in fact, there's a GAME, Gamestation AND Gamplay all within about 100 metres of each other in my nearest town/city
 
it's a marketing trick.

People who previously shopped at gamestation before the takeover are more likely to still go into gamestation. It also allows the company to have sales competitions between stores and in effect, free market research to see what products different people buy.

Oh so it wasn't always that way? Makes sense, my friends have preferences depending on the staff.


Anyway I assume the collectors edition will eventually come to a physical retailer?
 
I pre-ordered the Signature edition in a Game store on Friday evening. They had signs up in-store for it.
 
Jay
It's $298 at EB (yes I ordered it)

Holy canoly!! $300? That's the cost of a whole new PS3!!!!

I don't think I could bring myself to do it unless it came with a nice wheel, but hey, it's your money... if that's what makes ya happy!
 
Holy canoly!! $300? That's the cost of a whole new PS3!!!!

I don't think I could bring myself to do it unless it came with a nice wheel, but hey, it's your money... if that's what makes ya happy!

Cost may more than a PSP and a PS2. ;)
 
Holy canoly!! $300? That's the cost of a whole new PS3!!!!

I don't think I could bring myself to do it unless it came with a nice wheel, but hey, it's your money... if that's what makes ya happy!

PS3's are $499AUD RRP (120gb) here.
 
Jay
PS3's are $499AUD RRP (120gb) here.

Oh I didn't know we were talking AU$... currency converters should include a "getting screwed" premium when going to AU$ since everything electronic over there gets taxed to all crap :D
 
Back