Pre order XBOX?

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 18 comments
misteruno1
I did not preorder the XBOX, it seems that just about all of the major outlets in the U.S. are now not taking any new preorders. Not planning to line up at midnight to get one either, but I am curious to know how many of you have a preorder in for it. That hard drive is going to hold every song I have and then some!

i cant afford that right now, but i was wondering if anyone thought pre-ordering FM first day release would make any sense if im planning to get xbone much much later.
spank me if i'm hijacking!

No problem, and no, I ordered FM5 and planned to walk in and pick up an XBOX one on release day, we'll see how that works out. I just hope it does not go down the way the Iphone 5 is going :).

I'm not even going to bother. I've always had both Playstations and Xbox consoles, each time a new gen was released I'd get it.
But now Microsoft are really starting to take the piss. My daughter tried to download a DLC for one of her games and it took me over 2 hours just to get through Microsofts new security settings. I'ts a bloody joke. We use the X-box for gaming entertainment not to run a lucrative financial business from.
Had to create another email address to confirm my first email address then I was asked for confirmation via text message. WTF??

Not anymore. Screw Microsoft.

I'm not even going to bother. I've always had both Playstations and Xbox consoles, each time a new gen was released I'd get it.
But now Microsoft are really starting to take the piss. My daughter tried to download a DLC for one of her games and it took me over 2 hours just to get through Microsofts new security settings. I'ts a bloody joke. We use the X-box for gaming entertainment not to run a lucrative financial business from.
Had to create another email address to confirm my first email address then I was asked for confirmation via text message. WTF??

Not anymore. Screw Microsoft.

Lol, I never even bother with those. I just press the dashboard button and sign back in. Thats all I had to ever do.

I have two Fanatec wheels and three Logitech wheels. Now MS wants me to buy another wheel? I don't think so. Unless they make the old wheels work, I'm done with Xbox.

I pre-ordered on day one. It's been a waiting game ever since!

I hear you, kinda wish I had now but what the hay, I'm sure they won't make me wait too long to hand over my $499 and tax. I was originally put off by some of the wild stipulations but now that they have come to their senses I feel a little better. And to Goose, I can fully understand, if a lot more people expressed your sentiment it might make them do something for the people who keep them in business. I have been tempted to get a wheel over the past year, glad I didn't.

I have been tempted to get a wheel over the past year, glad I didn't.
Same here. I was very close to pulling the trigger on a Fanatec CSR Elite, but I knew the next-gen was on the horizon. Given Xbox's spotty history with wheel support, I knew it was wiser to wait.

I have two Fanatec wheels and three Logitech wheels. Now MS wants me to buy another wheel? I don't think so. Unless they make the old wheels work, I'm done with Xbox.
Yeah, this.

Only reason for me to go for the Xbox would be Forza. Like GT would be the only reason to go for the PS4. At least initially (well, not exactly initially in the case of GT), so I see little reason to get the Xbox if my wheel isn't supported.

It's a bit frustrating, really. the XID standard was bad enough, given that it was a proprietary standard. The upside is the great compatibility with Windows, I'll give Microsoft that. Switching it up again just makes me mad. I guess they're hoping to make more money by having people buy peripherals over and over again :indiff:

Good will of the paying customer seems to be a low rung on the ladder maybe, this pastime is not cheap. I wonder what the store allotment on average is for the XBOX ONE, if there is a shortage (hopefully not), this will further inflame the gaming community.

I'm with you on this one.. as long as Microsoft insist on proprietery hardware this will always be an Issue. If my fanatec Wheels don't work on the XBOX4 then I wont be getting one or Forza5 even if it is a great game. The same applies to the PS4. I'd be better of on a PC!!

I sold my fanatec gear and am eagerly waiting for Nov 22nd. Have the Xbox, Forza LE and Thrustmaster TX coming that day. Have high hopes for the game and the new wheel. As far as backwards compatibility there's still hope and I would bet either easy that Thomas and fanatec will have a Xbox One wheel out shortly if he can't make an adapter.

Have both PS4 and X1 pre-ordered, along with F5: LE and the plug and charge kit. (hope the kit holds a charge longer this time around, the one for the 360 eventually stops after some time)

I pre-ordered in from Microsoft directly and it should be at my doorstep on release day.

I put in my preorder from amazon along with NFS Rivals and Battlefield. I'll probably be picking up peggle 2 via digital just to see how well it works, and then I'll be grabbing titanfall and the crew on whichever delivery method works the best for me.

I hope there won't be an XboxOne fiasco, if I do not get it the first day I'll just have to stare at the Forza case until it comes. :dopey:

I hope there won't be an XboxOne fiasco, if I do not get it the first day I'll just have to stare at the Forza case until it comes. :dopey:

I remember when finding a 360 on the shelf, even months after launch, was like spotting Big Foot. :lol:

@HAL20XX, Wow! I am pretty new to the franchise, came on right after Forza 4 was released, only played GT5 from Prologue forward. Pretty amazing that they would not have a better handle on supply. I guess that is one reason why it makes sense to not be tied to just one game. I'm gonna hate lining up outside Bestbuy! First the IPHONE, now this. :)

Back