Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
was just checking the news page ingame and cant seem to get in anymore...getting something like a error message....i know its all in japaneese what is in the news pages but sometimes you can extract some dates and stuff..........does anybody else have this??...or is this more often a few hours before the usual update??...spyrrari.

Well 2 million would be crazy cheap in the Japanese version :lol:

It's worded a little strange, I personally don't think JP update is confirmed.

was just checking the news page ingame and cant seem to get in anymore...getting something like a error message....i know its all in japaneese what is in the news pages but sometimes you can extract some dates and stuff..........does anybody else have this??...or is this more often a few hours before the usual update??...spyrrari.

Nope in game news works fine for me at the moment.

Along with those screens with the Japanese text. Which also show 2millon.

But I could just say "who cares getting the EU one anyway"

Oh well we'll see how they fair online I guess.
I hope you can back that one up. There are going to be quite a few, not me, Americans who will do very well online.

This is what I was hoping for though, just a bit of trash talk. Of course, we may want to avoid any regional/country trash talking as to avoid raising stereotyping issues.

As long as it stays clean and fun, not Halo style, it should be cool.

I hope you can back that one up. There are going to be quite a few, not me, Americans who will do very well online.

This is what I was hoping for though, just a bit of trash talk. Of course, we may want to avoid any regional/country trash talking as to avoid raising stereotyping issues

This reminds me of the PGR3 global tournament. The comp was split into three regions, usa, europe and asia with each getting equal slots into the final. The americans on the major forums were complaining that america would be way faster and its not fair that the other regions get it so easy. They even predicted all the winners, all american. In reality europe was much faster and even with a smaller player base the bar to qualify was set higher...

But yes there are fast guys to be found all over the world.

The americans on the major forums were complaining that america would be way faster and its not fair that the other regions get it so easy. They even predicted all the winners, all american. In reality europe was much faster and even with a smaller player base the bar to qualify was set higher...

LOL, why am I not surprised at this?

I'm looking forward to the trashtalking, honestly. I wish everyone had thicker skin, as well, because it can really promote competiton, within reason. I certainly like the perception that NA racers will be slower (likely true). The fastest drivers during in my time in the WRS have not been from NA.

I prefer to think of myself as the underdog for motivational purposes anyway!

Have we drifted off topic?

Some new stuff from some german website with this new "car location level" thing :P
Detail.jpg

Detail.jpg

Detail.jpg

:embarrassed:

source

-> Another taste of GT5P preview this time its at the NY Auto Show, sorry if its a bit off topic:

source: Jalopnik

medium_2349492893_0a37fd61d6_o.jpg

Jalopnik
Lexus:
Lexus brought a video game setup that made me do a double-take. It wasn't big, gaudy or flashy, but it was a great partnership. Lexus had three driving simulators set up running the highly anticipated Gran Turismo 5 Prologue that's due out in mid-April. Since it was obviously a Lexus partnership, the only vehicle available to try was the Lexus IS-F. You'll get my first impressions on the game later, but it was unique how much Polyphony, the developer of the Gran Turismo series, put into this event. The first day of the show, the simulator was running a custom-build platform (meaning the developers sent out a special copy of the game just for the show), but Polyphony managed to overnight Japanese retail builds of the full game to be used on the simulators. A groggy representative told me he was up until 3 a.m. waiting for the retail build and setting up the simulators to properly work with a PlayStation 3 and the Japanese game. That a lot of midnight oil for a cross-marketing opportunity.

medium_2350325456_fe1d8645f6_o.jpg

-> And a little old-school to back it up:

medium_2350324166_bec562b765_o.jpg

Jalopnik
Subaru:
Subaru has been at it with the video games for quite some time. This year, as at many past trade shows, they featured triple-screen simulators running Gran Turismo Concept. There were three simulators available, and a decent sized area of the Subaru booth was roped off to accommodate waiting lines. Subaru seems to have figured out that the game both keeps people hanging around the booth and, because it showcases the WRX STi, reinforces Subaru's devotion to motorsports. We're not just for hippies in Vermont and families in Berkeley, the message seems to be. We're down with speed and handling as well.

medium_2349491639_3a572b804b_o.jpg

^ I would love them if they would be able either one of them to give it to me. :sly:

:)

I've actually played on this sim at the Seattle Int'l Auto Show, once.

It's less great than it looks. The movement of the machine is totally random (as opposed to, say, being affected by the movement of your car) and for some insane reason it's next to impossible to go in a straight line.

Kind of a cool idea, though. (Still the worst $3 I've ever spent)

Just saw Prologue running properly for the first time on a 55" HD screen at work. What else can I say other than....

OH.
MY.
GOD.

Best looking game ever? Easily, IMO. It's made me want to buy a PS3 though! :lol:

awsome game, wish it was a bit easier to get money tho lol. and it glitched hard the other day....turned my scuderia red F430 and deep blue/purple amuse s2000 white:(

See, Mog?
I warned you when you went for the 360, didn't I? :sly:

:)👍

Hehe, I have a PS3 with GT5 now and it looks stunning, but my 360 is still the main gaming console, I have too many great games on it to switch to using the PS3 more often. CoD4 still has a grip on me!

Very nice to hear that, Mog.

Hope to catch you online (COD4 or GT5:P) as soon as I have my PS3 back. 👍

Back