Precision/Stunt Driving Team - Anyone Interested? (Wheel Required)

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 12 comments
  • 922 views
Messages
9,310
England
Norwich,Norfolk
Messages
GTP_DaxCobra
For a while now I have been attempting different sorts of stunts and tricks in GT5, such as Handbrake Parking, Drift Slaloms and controlled slides. Me and my friend managed to pull off a few of these tricks but we never really went anywhere with it. He is now inactive and I want to make a team for this sort of driving.

If you want to join the team, you will have to have a wheel, such as a G25/G27, a Fanatec wheel or a DFGT/DF Pro. This is because this sort of driving is much easier to do with a Controller.

Precision driving, or stunt driving, is hard. It is made harder in GT5 by the lack of head tracking to avoid cones or obsticals. If you want to try out to join this, you will have to be a good driver, or show potential.

I was thinking we should all use modified Caterham Sevens, as they are easy to brake traction in with Sports Hards and are very easy to control.

TeamLotus_Europa
TeamLotus_Esprit
StingrayX
 
Last edited:
I would think comfort softs to be a better tire for this, although I'm not sure having not really tried this.

I'm interested but I'm in a drift team and that's where my free time is :p .
 
I understand. And yes, that may be a better tyre for most cars. Havnt tried it with the Caterham, but I have a feeling the thing is too light to get any grip at all with them.
 
Sure I'm in...I always try to do precision stuff while online but hardly anyone notices...

StingrayX - DFGT
 
I have some ideas in mind...how about there is a lead car and we all follow it...and we all have the same car...color...specs, etc.
 
Was thinking along the same lines... I am currently working on tuning a Caterham for it. It breaks rear end traction easily yet can be controlled on the limits of grip.
 
ok...I was thinking Civics for some reason, maybe from watching The Fast And The Furious...but the Caterham will work, i'll get testing on it soon!
 
I thought a lightweight rear wheel drive car would be best.
 
Powerful 4wd cars might work too :)

My personal favorite for this would be the MX5.


Go to the bottom of the Le Sarth straight and then skid around the gravel trap that is right infront of you as you turn past that slight right hander. Has a very tight gap between the wall and gravel trap if you go backwards.

So,

Go down the straight right till the 90' right hander. Turn that corner.

Turn around.

Drive quickly past the corner you just went around and if you go almost striahgt there is a small gap between the gravel trap and wall, skid through that, carry on going left and in one smooth drift end up back to the corner you started on, very fun :) .
 
I was thinking maybe MX-5, or Clio Sport V6 :)

That does sound fun, I will try it now :D
 
Back