Preferred tire compound for GTS drifting.

best drift compound

• Total voters
xdemoncamberx
porschedrifter
I used to be hardcore drifting in gt5, and I remember comfort hard tires were king.

I have to say, in GTS I hate them even more.

Since the physics and tire models are completely different now, what's the consensus on which compound to use now?

I used to be hardcore drifting in gt5, and I remember comfort hard tires were king.

I have to say, in GTS I hate them even more.

Since the physics and tire models are completely different now, what's the consensus on which compound to use now?
you hate CH why? and I don't think the physics are that different. GT stays GT.

Considering that we already had tyre model updates in GT Sport, and the last big one had a big diference of grip, specialy for low spec street cars, then CH is the only choice possible for some cars. So if CH already was a proper choice, specialy online, now it is more than ever.

Considering that we already had tyre model updates in GT Sport, and the last big one had a big diference of grip, specialy for low spec street cars, then CH is the only choice possible for some cars. So if CH already was a proper choice, specialy online, now it is more than ever.
I think you can get even lower powered cars like an 86 sideways and sustain it with as high as SH tyres.. But the real issue is when grip returns, its too brutal. That's why CH is the choice for easy and enjoyable drift.

I never liked the CH, the lack of grip is appalling. I have CM on most of my cars. On GT5 en GT6 i used Sport Hard for my 600ish bhp 300ZX.

CH tyres definitely seemed too slippery for some cars prior to recent updates, but now they're my first choice of tyre for drifting, and a bit of fiddling with setup can generally reduce the lack of grip with CH tyres anyway, but then again I tend to run with less than 500bhp for most of drift cars, which I imagine is more of an issue with those running higher HP figures maybe.

CH tyres definitely seemed too slippery for some cars prior to recent updates, but now they're my first choice of tyre for drifting, and a bit of fiddling with setup can generally reduce the lack of grip with CH tyres anyway, but then again I tend to run with less than 500bhp for most of drift cars, which I imagine is more of an issue with those running higher HP figures maybe.
It isn't an issue at all no matter how much hp you got, CH is the easiest to drift because the transition between the loss of grip and the regaining of grip is the smoothest. Better tyres mean you have to be more and more perfect, with shorter time windows to make the inputs because of the increased speed, and it's also more demanding of the suspension which makes it harder to control.
Basically with CH tyres you can recover any mistake while texting your girlfriend, on SH there's still room for being relaxed, on RH you can hit a wall at 250kph if you don't make a perfect save.
I think anyone who's saying stuff like I drift on SH with my 700hp Corvette, just isn't comfortable at drifting yet and should realize that it's not all the others who are mistaken but themselves.

struggling to keep it sliding on CH in this vid

Oh absolutely, I agree CH tyres are the best, as it allows you to be smoother as you say, and it was the same with GT's 5 and 6, CH generally gave the best balance for me. After getting back into drifting again on GTS, I've really enjoyed drifting my 300ZX at the moment, sub 400hp, and I've found a decent sweet-spot with setup on CH's now, good fun again.

Last edited:
Oh absolutely, I agree CH tyres are the best, as it allows you to be smoother as you say, and it was the same with GT's 5 and 6, CH generally gave the best balance for me. After getting back into drifting again on GTS, and I've really enjoyed drifting my 300ZX at the moment, sub 400hp, and I've found a decent sweet-spot with setup on CH's now, good fun again.
You will soon love it with the 800hp or whatever the maxed out power is ahah. Might be the best drift car in the game imo.
night run

Back