Preliminary complete car list and conversions list

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 51 comments
damn, i got my hopes up when i saw the Mosler on igcd.net, but then again, if this is not the full code...

im still hoping its not the true one. im trying to make myself believe that the devs made badned say that it was the full list because they want to surprise us...

VXR
Cutting cars from the final release that have been seen running is not going to go down well. Doesn't seem like a T10 thing to do.

Mate, we saw BMW 2002 screens back in the FM3 days, I waited almost two years for that car, we never saw it driving but... it was just as bad. I know I didn't begrudge the game or the Devs because of it, too much other stuff to keep occupied with. I realise not everyone is a patient as me though.

Better yet, it was included on the fm4 retail disc

Unfortunately Badned, who has some sort of inside line on development and usually leaks this sort of thing, has confirmed that this is the real list. I can only assume that those two cars weren't finished, or are planned as DLC.

yea but didn't Badned also say that there would be 207 cars in the game?

Something tells me I don't believe that list above. There was in fact an Mosler in the game someone found, even Renault.

Check this link out below.

http://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=1000009169&PHPSESSID=8a876045c2a0a41fdde4e493f39a87f6&width=1366
I see a WIP model of a SLR as well.

I'll be by myself here & just say if there's a car I like, regardless of whether it was in FM4 or not, I'll purchase it as DLC. It's not right morally, but it's more than likely going to be the only way for me to enjoy it.

I'll be by myself here & just say if there's a car I like, regardless of whether it was in FM4 or not, I'll purchase it as DLC. It's not right morally, but it's more than likely going to be the only way for me to enjoy it.
Well, yyou're not on your own at all. I feel the same way. I don't wanna make that system of cutting and re-selling content work for any deeloper, but I'll be damned if I skip enjoyable cars because of some stupic principle that won't change a thing anyways...

Is this list from the demo or the retail game? Because I'd expect the whole game is bigger than 1.57gb, so any code could easily be cut to fit that size file, no?

I wonder why Renault would be DLC.

All three of those were in Forza 4. It sounds unlikely, but could Renault have placed some odd restriction on Playground Games?

The game database is a single file of about 3mb, and in the last two games the retail database was identical to the one in the demo. This list is taken from the demo, and while it is possible that it's different, trimming it down would save at most 1mb of filesize for a few hours of work. The demo DB also contains all of the retail game's race events, upgrades, multiplayer lobby settings, paintshop settings and so forth, which would be much better areas to trim out for the demo if they were concerned about space.

With XboxFront publishing their list of all cars available in their review copy, they're showing a few cars less than this list, even accounting for unicorns and barn finds. However, the following I think have been confirmed as retailer preorder exclusives:

• Aston Martin Virage
  • Ferrari 458 Italia
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
  • Nissan 370Z
  • VW Golf R

That leaves this shortlist of unaccounted-for cars:

• Audi R8 GT Spyder
  • Koenigsegg Agera
  • Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
  • Ruf RT12R

I would assume that these four cars will be either LCE bonus cars or launchday DLC.

edit: doh, sorry, double post. Didn't notice I had the last reply!

Even though if that might happen, everyone has choices and good reasons. I may do the same as well, just to have my favorite cars to be apart of the game. Although, it should be all ready and in the game I hope. :)

So tired of this bull crap pre-order, dlc, lce car exclusivity.

I'm getting a normal copy and choosing what dlc cars to purchase; If a single one of those cars is in FM4 then Playground will never get my money again. I don't care that they're a different game or different developers, they're using the same resources and charging twice for it. I dare you to make FM4 cars DLC; oh wait, look at the LCE...

Other than that, I can't wait to play this. I guess I will be pre-ordering from GameStop to get the Italia and Golf.

Back