Preliminary info on new GT...

Another Gran Turismo
10:16pm 03/06/02

Sony is said to be working on another pseudo sequel in their popular racing series 'Gran Turismo.' Specifically, the new version will be entitled 'Amlux Salon' and will include all vehicles previously featured in Gran Turismo 3 and Gran Turismo Concept. From what we've been told, the new version will be on display exclusively at the upcoming Toyota Amlux Expo, and there are no plans to release it in stores. Nevertheless, Sony plans to support the game with a full booth presentation dubbed 'Gran Turismo Corner' at the event. In addition, series producer Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed plans to appear and participate in a Q&A session at the show. For reference, the Toyota Amlux Salon is scheduled for March 9-10, and 16-17 at Amlux Tokyo building in Ikebukuro.

Where the hell is this place anyway? Japan? That's just great. They should just send it to people that registered their PS2s. That would be nice...

Originally posted by MazKid
Where the hell is this place anyway? Japan? That's just great. They should just send it to people that registered their PS2s. That would be nice...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

<----likes the way MazKid thinks. :)

There's still hope...what with the HDD and network adapter on the way... :drool:

yea, networking. That leaves me out. My connected PC is 50FT or so away from my PS2. Unless you could DL it onto a disc...

Yea, GT4 Shampoo. I'd buy it, if they import it here.

I doubt it that this will kill the GT series, usually when more games come out that means that it's selling. All these filler games give me the idea that GT4 is going to take a while to make, so they have to put something new out to keep people interested. Which is good cause GT4 will be the best it can be, and not be rushed like GT2. But 2 GT games that aren't imported to the US makes me sorta mad. It's like Japanese people have 5 GT games, while we have 3. That's sorta unfair in my opinion.

This Gran Turismo will only be made for that Toyota show thingy, and will NOT go on sale. :)

Originally posted by Mustang man
This Gran Turismo will only be made for that Toyota show thingy, and will NOT go on sale. :)

Exactly - everone calm down - they've just done a once-off for Toyota - and you might see some more for other manufacturers.

They're entitled to other revenue sources. Sheesh.

Gee I hope they do 1 for Mazda, then I'd have to find a way to get it. This new one, if it's for Toyota, is it just their cars from GT3 and GTC? I know you said "all vehicles previously featured in Gran Turismo 3 and Gran Turismo Concept", just wondering.

So this one is only like that type of thing where it's only on display, for people to play and see? Sounds like Sony wasted thier time...

Instead of messing with these little commercial mini-games, shouldnt they be sitting in cramped cubicles in a big office with some hairy guy whipping them as they feverishly model new cars for GT4?

Originally posted by Vette_Pro
Instead of messing with these little commercial mini-games, shouldnt they be sitting in cramped cubicles in a big office with some hairy guy whipping them as they feverishly model new cars for GT4?

Aren't they in fact doing that with the mini-games?

The more time they spend making mini games, the more they learn how to use the Ps2's power.................

Originally posted by Simon Tibbett
That is wierd, will there ever be a GT4?

Kazunori Yamauchi said,....More intriguing however, he went on to talk about the next chapter in the series, Gran Turismo 4. Specifically, Yamauchi-san said development was still relatively early. Nevertheless, he reaffirmed plans to include full network support. Scheduled for release in 2003, the game will allow players to download new vehicles and race against human opponents online. Moreover, he expressed interest in building a 'test drive' mode that will allow players to experience a new vehicle online before buying it.

Spiffy ... still no mention of a track editor though (:

To touch on a few points other people have made ... developing "intermural" games like GT Concept and GT Amlux helps the designers increase their abilities and understandings of how to make the game the best that it can be. They can also use a lot of their work from these games in the major releases (and probably will). I wouldn't be surprised to see four or five hundred cars and over one hundred tracks in GT4.

~LoudMusic

I would be very suprised to see 100 tracks in GT4, unless it where something like 50 tracks with their backwards versions available (I hate when they count them as a different track, you just turn around and its the same bloody thing).

Well, it wouldn't be 100 complete tracks - include the mirror versions and suddenly it's 'only' 50, but if you then include small track variations of full tracks (like Autumn Mini-Ring, Grand-East Valley, and the SS5 Clubman - plus mirrors) and the numbers come down considerably.

Back