Premium Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Starscream94
  • 17 comments
  • 1,984 views
Messages
56
Australia
Sydney
Hey guys, I am fairly new to GT series with GT5 being my first game I've owned. I am on level 36 A-Spec and I don't know whether it's just me but I find there is a lack of Exotic Premium cars. For example, I wish the road going version of the Zonda was available, Bentley, Audis, more Aston etc. However, there is number of Ferraris and Japanese cars but I find it somewhat disappointing that other manufacturers and models aren't featured widely in the car. With majority being standards cars that no one really seems to want? :scared:
 
Last edited:
First off, welcome to :gtpflag:!

So, you have to consider licenses. It's very difficult for PD to get manufacturer licenses which allows them to incorporate certain cars/manufacturers (Ferraris, Paganis etc.). It's so strict that the Ferrari F1 cars can only be used in one-make races or Practice mode.

Then, you have to understand that Kaz/PD and GT5 are Japanese; so there's always going to be a strong favouritism for Nissans, Toyotas etc. Plus, IIRC, Kaz and Nissan have a strong partnership (GT Academy), hence the multiple GTRs.

And the reason why hardly any cars are Premiums is because the game was rushed; so not all cars got converted. I do believe they're in the progress of converting the rest of the cars though. :)

I don't think any of the cars are disliked entirely though. One person may like one car and so on. The game encompasses many different preferences really well. (Muscle, Sport, Classic, Saloon etc.).
 
Wait for GT6
 
That's long been a thing with GT5. The many Japanese cars are due to the developers, Polyphony Digital being Japanese, putting Nissan GT-Rs, Honda NSXs and Mazda MX-5s everywhere. The road going version of the Zonda is available, three times in fact, as a standard, seemingly just so the devs could have over 1000 cars in the game. We all want Porsche, but just RUF (the tuned versions) and none of those are Premium, as Polyphony Digital unable to get the license. It's just a thing which isn't like likely to ever change. There's a very tiny chance of something being improved during the maintenance periods this week, but we don't expect much.

Also, welcome to :gtpflag:

EDIT: Darn, tree'd by Guardian while I was writing. Oh well, you can have it twice.
 

And the reason why hardly any cars are Premiums is because the game was rushed; so not all cars got converted.

Yes I know, you wanted to say that 4/5 of cars haven't got converted.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
 
Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I'll go on collecting Le Mans and other Racing others in the game :D
 
Gran Turismo is about the entire range of cars, from small hatchbacks to LMP's. In comparison to other types of cars, I think that the exotics are fairly well represented. You need to have a balance between the different types, and with limited time and resources it's not possible to get them all :/
 
I see people throwing around the idea of Kaz not getting licenses. Look at some of the games that are not all that great for proper driving, but have licenses!

Driver San Francisco is the first that pops to mind! A great game, but not a great game for proper driving.

I think personally Ka and or pd don't go out there way to get the cars they should, rather than the cars they feel "clinical to the history and future of cars".
 
I think that it is more about driving, watching some of the videos from the pre-GT1 days you get the feeling that it's more about the game having YOUR car, and getting to drive it around the track. Not many people have supercars or LMPs so there is not many of them. There seems to be an abundance of slow Japanese cars though, cause that what the Japanese people that play the game have in their garages (or sitting out side their house [Do they even have garages in Japan?]). But since Sony and PD and Kaz are all Japanese, that's who they cater to. I would do anything to have my 02 Mustang in GT5, but that will never happen.

GT5 is a great game don't get me wrong, I just wish that they would cater more to the international audience and not just the one in Japan. GT is a global series, it should have a global car list.
 
I think that it is more about driving, watching some of the videos from the pre-GT1 days you get the feeling that it's more about the game having YOUR car, and getting to drive it around the track. Not many people have supercars or LMPs so there is not many of them. There seems to be an abundance of slow Japanese cars though, cause that what the Japanese people that play the game have in their garages (or sitting out side their house [Do they even have garages in Japan?]). But since Sony and PD and Kaz are all Japanese, that's who they cater to. I would do anything to have my 02 Mustang in GT5, but that will never happen.

GT5 is a great game don't get me wrong, I just wish that they would cater more to the international audience and not just the one in Japan. GT is a global series, it should have a global car list.



Yes, same here. Wish they would more of an International taste/catering for next generation.
 
OK so the GTR R35 is "slow" the Lexus LFa is "slow" as well.
Did you even read it all he said?
No they're not slow, but considering we have hundreds of slow cars for about 20 fast cars...
He never mention the game doesn't have fast japanese cars, he only did a remark on how the game got more slow japanese cars.
 
And the reason why hardly any cars are Premiums is because the game was rushed; so not all cars got converted.

I just have to call BS right here. You cannot claim that this game was rushed. Maybe in the thought process that it was released before being fully finished, it was rushed, but the game itself was released how many years late? Sorry, but Kaz needs to be held accountable here. He and his team at PD simply didn't do the work needed. I don't know if that is an issue with manpower or if it's an issue of trying to do too much. It's probably a combination of both. The premium cars look great. The tracks look great. Everything else looks like ****, though. The interface was pretty bad. Loading times are horrendous. Using the same tracks as in previous games is just not acceptable anymore. How many times can Kaz resell the same game with minor graphical upgrades? The fact that they are selling new tracks as DLC is disgusting considering how many of the tracks are simply remodeled from previous games. I can understand reusing actual tracks, but there's no excuse for imaginary tracks to be done over and over and over again. Not acceptable. This is definitely the last Gran Turismo game I'll ever purchase.
 
The whole Premium thing is anyways a waste in GT imo... because the way they are implimented into the game makes them kind of worthless to me , except for photomodes and some replays. During gameplay you can use the cockpit view, but why model a whole cockpit if you cant even view it in a full degree. you can look left and right, thats it, but why not up and down? Furthermore the chaseview is completely messed up and so far away from the car, that standart and premium dont make a huge different this way. And since you can't even rotate the camera around the car like in every other racing game it makes them even more useless...
Well that were my 2 cents.
 
@mmpotroast:

'Calling BS' isn't the best way to go though is it? :rolleyes:

Kaz was taking things slowly, putting extreme detail into the Premiums; then Sony told him, 'no more waiting, get the game out'. As a result, only 1/5th of the cars are Premium. Simply because Kaz was taking extreme care with the game; he was just taking longer to release a game than what's desirable.*

Here's a question for you (Mr. BSer), if GT5 took 10 years to get on sale, do you think we would have more, or less, premiums? Exactly. Fair enough the game had gotten to the stage where rushing was necessary, but that's not what I'm talking about....the lack of Premiums comes from the fact that they're a time consuming thing to generate.

*All of this is educated guessing.
 
Back