Premium & DLC cost

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rocker
  • 17 comments
  • 1,829 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
195
Has there been any word on what the cost for premium cars or other DLC will be?

If not, are there any examples of paid-for DLC from other Sony games? If so, what was the cost there?
 
i think kaz has already said there will not be DLC
 
Who kows that?
 
Very much doubt any DLC will be released. Prior to TGS I said this because I felt PD would start work on GT6. Now we know they have already started work on GT6.

Personally I don't mind because these days I dislike developers who deliberately hold back content which could of been on the disc.
 
Very much doubt any DLC will be released. Prior to TGS I said this because I felt PD would start work on GT6. Now we know they have already started work on GT6.

Personally I don't mind because these days I dislike developers who deliberately hold back content which could of been on the disc.

Exactly my take on the topic.

Although, little added bonus's as part of FREE patches/updates wouldn't go a miss!
 
The consensus then, is that the 200 premium cars will be included with the game?
 
Yes. The "Premium" tag doesn't have anything to to with their cost, but graphic quality/detail instead.
 
I just dont understand why some of you would allow rooms for game developers to think that it's "OK" to sell us DLC...
Why ask the questions?? asking the question, is showing that you are dependent on their words.

To me Free DLC, OK, but not paid DLC, NO!

I just applaud Kaz for not going that route, and for sticky to the principal of making money from a game disk sell. Not software code. I want something that i can keep.


I hope that some of you will be like me, that we would boycott any DLC if any.
 
good luck getting people to boycott anything ... i personally stay away from DLC unless it's something i really really want, but even then, i think about it 20 times because you're basically getting screwed. from forza3 i only bought one dlc pack, and regretted it about 2 minutes later.
 
Not sure where all of these 'No DLC for GT5' claims are sprouting from, but he's already hinted at one possible DLC pack and that's motorbikes - that entirely rides on (no pun intended) how large the demand is. Just as the entire topic of DLC itself, if people want it and are willing to pay for PD would be a couple of fools to not release DLC packs monthly, bi-monthly, tri-monthly, etc.

For those who don't want it, don't want to spend the money, consider DLC to be some divine evil from below - don't buy it. Simple, right?
 
@CTznOfTime:
I agree. Paid DLC? No, thanks.
Free? Yes!
 
There will be dlc, this is a cashcow and Sony will milk it for all they are worth.
 
@CTznOfTime:
I agree. Paid DLC? No, thanks.
Free? Yes!

I agree free absolutly yes, but i would like to see something like we buy a car and modify the car and put online for other peoples can downlaod it too, something like that
 
i think kaz has already said there will not be DLC

This is what happens when one person misunderstands simple english and then spreads it around and everyone listens. Kaz never said that.
 
This is what happens when one person misunderstands simple english and then spreads it around and everyone listens. Kaz never said that.

Chinese whispers.
 
The worst thing any dev can do is have the content on the disc and charge to "unlock" it... As long as PD is giving us brand new car and tracks, then why is DLC not ok? You are not obligated to buy anything, so it should not bother you... With that said, if they are already working on GT6, and it takes them "6 months per car", I doubt we will be getting much DLC.
 
There will be dlc, this is a cashcow and Sony will milk it for all they are worth.


I understand the concept... but they will milk it if the cow has milk...
...meaning that they will do it if you guys allow them to do it...

;) that's what i mean...




Not sure where all of these 'No DLC for GT5' claims are sprouting from, but he's already hinted at one possible DLC pack and that's motorbikes - that entirely rides on (no pun intended) how large the demand is. Just as the entire topic of DLC itself, if people want it and are willing to pay for PD would be a couple of fools to not release DLC packs monthly, bi-monthly, tri-monthly, etc.

For those who don't want it, don't want to spend the money, consider DLC to be some divine evil from below - don't buy it. Simple, right?


I am not totally against the idea of DLC.... for example...
i find it interesting that, based on what you said above (which i didn't know), if Kaz were to release a DLC for GT5 for exclusively motorcycle... i think that would be cool for you two-wheelers crazes, and i would understand that Kaz would charge for it... and if i were to like motorcycles as much as cars, i would buy it... but since i am not, then i would not...


So far so good... we are on the same page...

But if it was a DLC for cars... NO... (the way Forza does), then in that specific case, i am not ok at all... because cars are the core content, the heart of GT5, and if they start selling extra cars , then they are basically holding us hostage, forcing us to pay by the units, which they can do...

i dont want it to become like that...


What is supposed to be the content of a full game, should NOT be paid DLC.

What is extra and only an enhancement for the game, can be a paid DLC.

That's what i would think should be the line drawn for what can be paid or not paid DLC.



They will do whatever they can, if you allow them to...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back