Pressing enter ejects my external HDD...

• Thread starter PeterJB
  • 4 comments

PeterJB

Compulsive Handwasher
Premium
United Kingdom
Corsham
lipming
So in the past of couple of weeks whenever I've played World of Warships and pressed enter when it would then freeze and crash. I worked out this evening that pressing enter ejects then reinserts my external HDD that all the game files are stored on, is there any way of stopping this?

I'm not sure what you mean by saying it ejects a HDD? A HDD is a core PC component that can be physically removed but you cant "eject" one?

I'm not sure what you mean by saying it ejects a HDD? A HDD is a core PC component that can be physically removed but you cant "eject" one?
The OP mentions that it's an external HDD so at a guess I'd say it's this;

SafelyRemoveHardware.png

I dont know how pressing enter unmounts or remounts the drive in windows but it should not be happening.

The ways to do it in windows

Right click drive icon in "My PC" and select Eject

Right click Safely Remove Hardware and select drive

In Diskpart(command line)
List Volume
Select Volume X
Remove All Dismount

I would look at the drive and see if it might be having a conflict or some other random issue.

I dont know how pressing enter unmounts or remounts the drive in windows but it should not be happening.

The ways to do it in windows

Right click drive icon in "My PC" and select Eject

Right click Safely Remove Hardware and select drive

In Diskpart(command line)
List Volume
Select Volume X
Remove All Dismount

I would look at the drive and see if it might be having a conflict or some other random issue.

I've noticed it seems to happen if you hit more or less any key a bit too hard so something is being knocked internally methinks.

Back