Pretty crazy traffic cone experience...

• Thread starter icelt
  • 2 comments
icelt
II icelt II
During my second career practice lap at Monaco, when I arrived at the entrance of Massenet (corner 3) I heard a loud "bang" as the nose of my Torro Rosso leapt into the air, along with one of the front wheels. Initially I was baffled as to what had occurred, I mean I was in the racing line at that point. However when watching the reply low and behold there was one of the traffic cones I had displaced from a prior lap laying sideways in the road, and a nose cam shot looking forward clearly showed that the cone was the only object in my path. Looks like the cones in this game are made of steel or something :crazy:

During my second career practice lap at Monaco, when I arrived at the entrance of Massenet (corner 3) I heard a loud "bang" as the nose of my Torro Rosso leapt into the air, along with one of the front wheels. Initially I was baffled as to what had occurred, I mean I was in the racing line at that point. However when watching the reply low and behold there was one of the traffic cones I had displaced from a prior lap laying sideways in the road, and a nose cam shot looking forward clearly showed that the cone was the only object in my path. Looks like the cones in this game are made of steel or something :crazy:

would be cool to see some video footage of this, did you save the replay?

would be cool to see some video footage of this, did you save the replay?

Good idea, but I didn't think about it at the time. And trying to recreate the incident has not been as easy as it sounds. Getting a nice sound from hitting the cone isn't too hard, but actually getting it to lift the nose up and take a wheel off again... not happenin'. One of those perfect storm occurrences maybe.

Back