Prius challenge

• Thread starter G-Unit
  • 4 comments
Does someone know what the deal is with the prius challege in gt4 prologue my chinese aint that good so...I tried some things i managent to find out that you have to fifnish with 210cc or less

so can anyone explain what the objectives are here..

i don´t want to rain your parade but i found out for myself that you can´t pass the test with a range rratio lower than 10.0 km/l.

Just managed to get pass the 10 loops with McLaren F1, took me so long to get pass it.

For the Prius, the text said you need to run 10km/gallon of gasoline. And for sure there was the time restriction, too.

Dagnabit! I'm down to 1'31.2XX and I need 1'30.500 for a gold and I'm keeping 10 km/L.

So, thanks to this thread, we know that we have to keep a 10 kilometer per liter fuel consumption ratio WITHOUT using more than 210cc of gas. Add to that the 1'30.500 gold time and we've got some trouble on our hands.

Now I'm looking for actual tips on getting the gold. For starters, where and how long is it safe to go full throttle?

I'm going WOT right at the start. Then instead of braking, I coast down to an appropriate speed to round the hairpin and then I go 1/4 - 1/2 throttle to the next hairpin. I coast around that then full throttle to halfway to the next turn then 1/2 throttle to the next hairpin. Round the hairpin and full throttle until 100 km/h and 1/2 throttle until the finish.

Am I making a mistake by not using the brakes? The fuel consumption ratio always goes up faster if I coast down to turning speed rather than braking.

Once again, I open my big mouth for help and I end up getting the gold on my own. But that's Murphy's Law for you.

Anyway, after watching my replays, it turns out that you can go 2/3 to 3/4 throttle without being too much of a strain on the gas guzzling. I also ended using the brakes on the 3 hairpins.

Back