Private messages blocked and public messages await moderator approval.

Germany
Germany
Hello,
I'm sorry if this kind of support is not meant to appear via thread but there is unfortunately no other option for me.

For quite a while now I'm having trouble sending messages on this website. When I tried to answer somebody via private message it suddenly blocked my message and a popup appeared saying: "Your content could not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inapropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

I changed the content multiple times but the message never changed. From December 2021 until today I can't send private messages anymore. When I tried to reply to a thread it kinda worked. This time the message was sent but was "awaiting moderator approval" and so it was sent a day later when it wasn't relevant anymore. I never got a notification concerning this so I don't know why this keeps happening.

Sorry once again for turning this into a thread but contacting an admin via private message is not working and I saw no other option. Maybe someone else has the same problem as me ... otherwise I'd be really thankful if a moderator/admin could help me with this problem.

This is how the message looks like:
Oops! We ran into some problems..jpg

As a new user, all of the content you post to the site is evaluated by various spam-detection tools (as a public forum, GTPlanet is attacked by thousands of spammers each day attempting to post on the site). Private messages are also heavily abused by spammers and are subject to careful checks by our automated tools. It's hard to say exactly why your messages are triggering the filters, but I'd guess it includes several links which it might see as suspicious.

However, as you post more public messages to the forum, your "reputation" improves and your messages will gradually be subjected to fewer checks. So, just keep posting and participating in the public forums and you should be able to send messages soon enough.

I'm very sorry for the trouble, but unfortunately we have to take measures like this to keep the forums from abuse. Let me know if you continue having problems.

Also, for the record, you can always contact us privately via the site's contact form.

Last edited:
Back