Private Room Online Racing.

  • Thread starter Thread starter dranddad
  • 22 comments
  • 4,273 views
Messages
3,606
England
Halesowen, West Midlands
Messages
dranddad
Last night I decided to make a private room for online racing, I would like to thank Dan, Spy, CT, wge, Porsche for the fantastic, hilarious fun we had, plus all the guys in the chat room. 👍

We ran a Kart evening at SSR5, Deep forest and Monte Carlo

Shame we started late, but in another way glad we did, as my hands are killing me this morning and my sides well, I’ve not laughed so much for a long time. All I can see is Spy’s Kart leaping into the air like a frightened cat on all fours.

I must apologise for the lack of organisation, I’ll try better next time as this was just a practise run.
Thanks to all for your patience, look forward to the next one.

Phillip.
 
I joined at a certain stage, but did not have a kart and went back out to get my kart.

Then I could not get back in.

==============================
Tried the next Lounge with action and ended up with some people I raced online before.
They were racing F40, so I joined to do some Free runs.
Before I could recognise the track, they started a race.

Great fun, but without having the breaking points and the handling of the F40 warmed up, Suzuka was too much of a challenge.
 
Last night I decided to make a private room for online racing, I would like to thank Dan, Spy, CT, wge, Porsche for the fantastic, hilarious fun we had, plus all the guys in the chat room. 👍

We ran a Kart evening at SSR5, Deep forest and Monte Carlo

Shame we started late, but in another way glad we did, as my hands are killing me this morning and my sides well, I’ve not laughed so much for a long time. All I can see is Spy’s Kart leaping into the air like a frightened cat on all fours.

I must apologise for the lack of organisation, I’ll try better next time as this was just a practise run.
Thanks to all for your patience, look forward to the next one.

Phillip.

Would liked to have be there, sounds like you guys had a blast! Next time you have a private room send me a message on my online name. GTP_FLASH48
 
Sounds great, I would like to give on-line a go tonight if anyone is on! You can add me too if ok:

GTP_oldnail1

Cheers!
 
You guys are talking about GT5 (and not GT5P) online, aren't you???
 
Will this be a new tradition: Go to GTP_Eriba MyLounge???

Yesterday some great GTP racing there with the Castrol Tom ...Supra.
Up to 8 GTP members in a race if I'm not mistaken.

Actually for the first 30min I was in there I believe Philippe himself was not even in his MyLounge, so as soon as you can start it and someone stays in it seems to work.

Some misunderstandings, some issues on how to wait or pick up with a group, but all in all very enjoyable racing. Sorry if I made mistakes there.

Seems to me good waiting places should be discussed. Ideally they are not on the driving line and placed at a slow point, like a hairpin.

========================================

Phillip there is a GT5 - On-line racing forum. Can you move this thread there. It is in the thread tools.
 
Last edited:
Kart evening... I wouldve loved that!! :lol: I need to make some room in my friends list and add some of you again since Im not on my GTP account...
 
Will this be a new tradition: Go to GTP_Eriba MyLounge???

Yesterday some great GTP racing there with the Castrol Tom ...Supra.
Up to 8 GTP members in a race if I'm not mistaken.

Actually for the first 30min I was in there I believe Philippe himself was not even in his MyLounge, so as soon as you can start it and someone stays in it seems to work.

Some misunderstandings, some issues on how to wait or pick up with a group, but all in all very enjoyable racing. Sorry if I made mistakes there.

Seems to me good waiting places should be discussed. Ideally they are not on the driving line and placed at a slow point, like a hairpin.

========================================

Phillip there is a GT5 - On-line racing forum. Can you move this thread there. It is in the thread tools.

Sorry for my absence Vince when you entered my lounge, but this is all new and I’m not the brightest button up top, we’re all trying to sort things out as we go along. I did only leave the room once we had established that others could also start races or make small changes to the race regulations, luckily Dan GTP_Fastas took over.

As you can appreciate with my heart and joint problems I can’t sit there to long, or get to excited, from about 19.00 to 22.00 I really needed to pack up as I could not even drive the wheel, but didn’t want to leave for fear of the room closing and spoiling everyone’s fun. But come 22.00 ish I just had to retire.

Fortunately the lounge did stay open for those still racing, which is great now I don’t have to stay full time.

Don’t let these little hiccups put you or anyone else off coming back into the my lounge Vince, I’m sure with the top notch members like yourself, Dan, Spy, Warren, Andy, Aldo, CT just to drop a few names, Porsche, wayne the list goes on, it will get smoother and even more enjoyable.

Phillip.
 
send me a mssg if you start a priv room ProPersian is my psn
 
Sorry for my absence .

No Sorry needed, I was just quickly looking around and stumbled in something great!
It was just to explain to people it is possible. By the way I also left around 22h to work on my level some more.
====================

You remember that in one race you, Wayna and me were driving closely together.
You were showing normally, but Wayna, was jumping like crazy (= standing still then moving very fast then standing still, etc...) with skidmarks and sparks on the track on my screen.

1) Did you see the same for Wayna?
2) How did Wayna see us?
 
No Sorry needed, I was just quickly looking around and stumbled in something great!
It was just to explain to people it is possible. By the way I also left around 22h to work on my level some more.
====================

You remember that in one race you, Wayna and me were driving closely together.
You were showing normally, but Wayna, was jumping like crazy (= standing still then moving very fast then standing still, etc...) with skidmarks and sparks on the track on my screen.

1) Did you see the same for Wayna?
2) How did Wayna see us?

hi vince

no i have no idea , you all where fine on my screen infact very well no lag at all, but phillip saw the same with my car i think,but phil and i were racing just no and he said that things were looking fine, sorry for the puntting,you guys know i will not punt you on purpose , i am truly sorry , did not know about the problem , you should have told me yesterday vince then i would have been gone . ..

keep well
 
No Sorry needed, I was just quickly looking around and stumbled in something great!
It was just to explain to people it is possible. By the way I also left around 22h to work on my level some more.
====================

You remember that in one race you, Wayna and me were driving closely together.
You were showing normally, but Wayna, was jumping like crazy (= standing still then moving very fast then standing still, etc...) with skidmarks and sparks on the track on my screen.

1) Did you see the same for Wayna?
2) How did Wayna see us?

hi vince

no i have no idea , you all where fine on my screen infact very well no lag at all, but phillip saw the same with my car i think,but phil and i were racing just now and he said that things were looking fine, sorry for the puntting,you guys know i will not punt you on purpose , i am truly sorry , did not know about the problem , you should have told me yesterday vince then i would have been gone . ..

keep well
 
Last night I decided to make a private room for online racing, I would like to thank Dan, Spy, CT, wge, Porsche for the fantastic, hilarious fun we had, plus all the guys in the chat room. 👍

We ran a Kart evening at SSR5, Deep forest and Monte Carlo

Shame we started late, but in another way glad we did, as my hands are killing me this morning and my sides well, I’ve not laughed so much for a long time. All I can see is Spy’s Kart leaping into the air like a frightened cat on all fours.

I must apologise for the lack of organisation, I’ll try better next time as this was just a practise run.
Thanks to all for your patience, look forward to the next one.

Phillip.

Yeah Phil,that whas a lot of fun... 👍

I changed the name of my Kart into KARTAIR... :)

Seeyou all soon again,


spy.
 
sorry for the puntting,you guys know i will not punt you on purpose , i am truly sorry , did not know about the problem , you should have told me yesterday vince then i would have been gone . ..

Again one that should not be sorry:
1) I do not think you had tried that circuit car combination a lot before.
2) there was no punting, just some contact
This is not punting: GT1 on Nurburgring this summer (only the qualification, not even the race yet)
4934684137_4b01ec1155_z.jpg


3) we like you on the track

The issue was more with the jumping, since that way we had no clue where you really was, so no anticipating possible. But that is a technical issue, you should not be punished. Probably the line goes through the "Gorillas in the mist" area.
 
Guys, pls add me: BR_Octane
I'm new to GT5 and still struggling to build up my friend list.
I'm really into racing games and have been playing GT5P for a while.
 
Last night I decided to make a private room for online racing, I would like to thank Dan, Spy, CT, wge, Porsche for the fantastic, hilarious fun we had, plus all the guys in the chat room. 👍

Phillip.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Private room. How do you do that ?
Could you be as precise as possible, my game is in French...

Oh, BTW, invite me every time you start this kind of events...

GTP_NURBURGRING :)

You guys are talking about GT5 (and not GT5P) online, aren't you???

Yes, I confirm, GT5 is playable online too. Just click on the button on the upper left of your GT life screen, I think in english it is called Lounge or lobby (?)
(salon in french).

You'll see a lot of events made by gamers. That's simply great.
 
Last edited:
Again one that should not be sorry:
1) I do not think you had tried that circuit car combination a lot before.
2) there was no punting, just some contact
This is not punting: GT1 on Nurburgring this summer (only the qualification, not even the race yet)
4934684137_4b01ec1155_z.jpg


3) we like you on the track

The issue was more with the jumping, since that way we had no clue where you really was, so no anticipating possible. But that is a technical issue, you should not be punished. Probably the line goes through the "Gorillas in the mist" area.

Hi Vince.

1) Well something you say does not count up, you say i have not had tried that circuir car combo, but you are also saying that is a technical issue?

2)Well i take contact as punting, not to sure what the pic is all about.(me on the track?)

3) Thanks vince, but if this issue continue i will not race(do not want to spoil your fun)

oh , not be sorry? i am not proud to be a punter, so i am sorry if i did punt someone(not on purpose though)
All the best :cheers:
 
Yeah Phil,that whas a lot of fun... 👍

I changed the name of my Kart into KARTAIR... :)

Seeyou all soon again,


spy.

KartAirSpy.

Brilliant :lol:
 
How do you start a provate room, and how do invite my friends into it ?
 
How do you start a private room, and how do invite my friends into it ?

Not clear if this was answered elsewhere:

1) on the left of the screen you have Lounge: These are public.
2) 2 options under GT Life you have community
main.jpg

then you see your friends, so people that are not a friend, do not appear = private.

You go to the friend in question, for this thread GTP_Eriba.
Then you see next to that on the bottom MyLounge.

1) GTP_Eriba has to open it, then you have a private lobby, only friends of the person that opened it can join.
2) everyone in the lobby can keep it open.
3) to get people in, you need to use any other means of communication, the forum, chat, PS3 messages, ...

===========
Edit: in the evening I go over my friends and look at the MyLounges that are running, then I just go in ,on a MyLounge that has activity. Sometimes a big surprise where you end up. Did this 4 times, only once create a MyLounge myself and was joined by a friend later in there.

=========================================


@boediebouer

Separate statements:

not tried that circuirt car combo = in the beginning there were a lot of positions of your car in the grass or against the railing. I was in a similar situation.

technical issue: your image for me jumped from behind me on the left to in front of me on the right in a split second. where Phil was normally progressing.

And:
Punting is trying to push people off as a game, always bad intention for me.

Racing contact is misjudging how close cars are or missing a breaking point. You wait for the person afterwards to make it still an enjoyable battle for them. The IA still sometimes has a racing contact issue.
 
Last edited:
Not clear if this was answered elsewhere:

1) on the left of the screen you have Lounge: These are public.
2) 2 options under GT Life you have community
main.jpg

then you see your friends, so people that are not a friend, do not appear = private.

You go to the friend in question, for this thread GTP_Eriba.
Then you see next to that on the bottom MyLounge.

1) GTP_Eriba has to open it, then you have a private lobby, only friends of the person that opened it can join.
2) everyone in the lobby can keep it open.
3) to get people in, you need to use any other means of communication, the forum, chat, PS3 messages, ...

===========
Edit: in the evening I go over my friends and look at the MyLounges that are running, then I just go in ,on a MyLounge that has activity. Sometimes a big surprise where you end up. Did this 4 times, only once create a MyLounge myself and was joined by a friend later in there.

=========================================


@boediebouer

Separate statements:

not tried that circuirt car combo = in the beginning there were a lot of positions of your car in the grass or against the railing. I was in a similar situation.

technical issue: your image for me jumped from behind me on the left to in front of me on the right in a split second. where Phil was normally progressing.

And:
Punting is trying to push people off as a game, always bad intention for me.

Racing contact is misjudging how close cars are or missing a breaking point. You wait for the person afterwards to make it still an enjoyable battle for them. The IA still sometimes has a racing contact issue.

hi vince

yeah i saw that sometimes when the internet has lag then the car is all over the place, i can not remember that i was on the grass more that useual in the race but in free practise i could have been,not saying that i was not but i think you know what i mean , vince please keep an eye on my racing and let me know asap when this jumping happens please?

keep it safe. :cheers:
 
Was a nice evening’s race in Crispy74’s lounge last night, with quite a few members popping in and out, the theme was Lamborghinis vs Ferraris and of cause starting off an Monza.

Well done Chris well organised and setup, nice to see you didn’t close off all the aids like driving line and some other aids, this helps the not so talented members join and have fun too.

This option can be turned off by the individual in driver option if they so wish, but still leaving it on for others that prefer to use it.

Great work Chris, hope to see more members doing the same thing as we progress through the game.

Phillip.
 
Yeah it was good fun Phillip, thanks to Chris for setting it up and to the other racers that joined us.

The highlight for me was everyone racing the F40 at Monza, fantastic stuff :cheers:
 
Back