Pro FF Challenge !?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ILLicit
  • 28 comments
  • 1,007 views
Messages
69
Seriously guys, this race sucks. I want that Spoon Civic, but I just can't do it. What car should I use, and how can I beat it ? Its soooo hard, like as soon as I tap the break ALL of the other cars pass me like nothing. I've tried it with an Integra Type R, Mistubishi FTO, Celica TRD, and I've had NO luck. Any help or strategies would be appreciated
 
there are plenty of cars that can do it including atleast 2 of the ones you tried.
the ITR and celica trd can, and i've done it in the celica.

what are your settings?
DO NOT give your car too much HP as it wrecks FF cars.
I have also used a near stock Fiat w/ 220hp succesfuly.

post ya settings and mods and i'll see what i can do :)
 
well yeah. lets take the easy way out hey!!!
gosh! :p
 
and that too is the easy way out kideng :p
 
Yeah...I'd say use the Rally car, OR!!!!!! an ITR..That's what I sudgest..They seem to stand out amongst the FWD cars
 
or the fiat... which will whoop the ITR any day
 
i used the celica trd, i dunno what the problem with it is.
 
I used the Celica TRD with all the possible upgrades you can get for it. I smoked the competition like a philly blunt.
 
I just tried with a maxed out Honda Integra R (Since I need to get a virgin Spoon Civic R for my database anyway). I was able to increase my lead by at least 1-2 seconds per lap. My best lap was 1:24.1xx in Forest II. Times on the other 2 tracks to follow.
kideng
 
My best lap in Rome 1:35.027.
My best lap in Monaco 1:48.600.
kideng
 
But a fully decked on Citroen Xsara Rally Car does it even better...:D
 
Originally posted by kideng
My best lap in Rome 1:35.027.
My best lap in Monaco 1:48.600.
kideng
I also used a well-built ITR, but only running about 247 hp, which is not full power. I ran all of the races on T2s without qualifying.

My best lap in Rome was 1':38.254", with a margin of about 33.mid" over the TRD Celica.

My best lap in Monaco was 1':52.699", with a margin of about 31.low" over the TRD.

My best lap at Deep Forest was 1':26.671", with a margin of about 19.low" over the TRD.

I definitely could have done it with less power.
 
As Duke noted, the key here is not More power, but less power.

With the FF set-up, the car cannot be muscled through a corner. Moved the brake balance to the rear, to break the backend loose before the corner. This will help rotate the car before getting back on the power. You'll also need to hit the brakes earlier than you think. Also try not to snap from brake to gas when exiting. Give the car a split second to stabilize before acceleration.

If all else fails, use the Xsara Rally car.

Good luck.

AO
 
Heh, thanks, AO. In my rush to describe my own experience, I totally forgot to add any actual advice for the guy.
:O
AO is 100% correct. There are many decent FF cars; I suggest the Honda Integra Type R, which I prefer over the Spoon Civic. However, the Spoon will handle this series quite well also.

What kind of tires are you using? Use racing tires without a question; probably T2s which should last 10-15 laps without pitting.

Another real way to get the most out of a FWD car is to buy the Race Suspension. The real problem, as AO suggests, is not how much power you are making but how well you're getting it to the ground.

The race suspension allows a level of adjustment that lets you reduce the inherent FWD understeer problem. Softening the front dampers and stiffening the rears will help keep the weight where you need it for traction. Also, increasing front camber to about 3.0 will help keep the front end planted. If the car just won't rotate into turns, help it along with some toe out at the rear (-1.0 or so). You can also stiffen the rear stabilizer to fine tune the cornering balance.

Also as suggested above, throttle control is very important. Try to ease it through the corners, with somewhat abrupt lifts to tighten up your line when necessary, and gentle acceleration to keep it tight.

I hope this was more helpful than my last post. Good luck!
 
There was an OLR at another board about 2 weeks ago - Pro FF, Deep Forest. The car was a fully-modified Mini Cooper 1.3i.

We ended up lapping the 6th place car, and turning in laps in the high 1'23s and low 1'24s... :D
 
It is a lot easier if you use the Citrogen Xsara Rally Car. Because that is what i used and i won the Spoon Civic. (and also heres a big hint when changing the settings on the Citrogen Xsara Rally Car change the final to as low as it can go, that way the car accelorates faster. Hope u win!!!!!:cool:
 
So you faster than neon with about 5/8ths of the bhp? My god those people must be fast...I'm about the same speed if not slower as neon...:eek:
 
I managed to do it with a slightly (i.e. about 5 mods) tuned Honda Integra Type R. No actually settings changes though. I could probably tune it up better.
 
^^^(in response to that post right up there)^^^

Try a 1-way LSD. Seriously, it can help quite a bit in cancelling out understeer in FF cars. Make sure you strengthen the brakes by a couple notches too so that you can lose some of that extra speed too.
 
I just got the 1-way for my FTO. Tweaking......
 
Back