Pro Race Driver Demo

• Thread starter Tom M
  • 18 comments
Wow, I just downloaded the Pro Race Driver Demo off of Gamespot, and wasn't exactly sure what I was going to find when I loaded it up. I haven't been looking forward to the idea of a story driven racing game, but let me assure everyone that no matter what happens with the story, the demo has already shown me that Pro race driver is going to be one of the best driving games to come out in recent memory.
It has damage modeling, pieces of the car fall off during impacts, and hands down the best PC racing game graphics (possibly the best PC game graphics of any game) I have seen yet. I took some screenshots, and I'll upload a few so that everyone can see what I'm babbling about. :D

Attachments

• prd4.jpg
    prd4.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 93
The 60% Demo. It has a due date of June 28th, but I don't think that is going to happen as everywhere else it is listed as Q3 2002. Either way, I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Only thing is, that the demo wasent even supposed to be released. It was supposed to be in a pc mag only. The demo is actually only a test, and most of it is too advanced for most computers so most of the damage and stuff will probably be different for lower end systems...i believe i had a thread on this a bit back letme find it and get the link...

hmm well i cant seem to find it, but i have tons of screens i took, of course mine are on a lower res with graphics turned down and stuff to get a decent frame rate on my 266....

Race Driver Screens

Wow, it looks like you're telling a story with those screens....

(Old man talking and pointing at a projector screen)

"Well, here I am with my car....oooohh! Then I start to tip....and here I am a few minutes later evacuating the car....and here I am just recovering from a pretty powerful slide that I got after being nailed by a car which could beat the hell out of my lap times any-day...." :D

I can't wait for the release in AUS where it will be titled V8SuperCar Race Driver. Here are some pictures I got off the codemasters site.

Back