Problem accessing saved data on new PSP

• Thread starter Rhino_WJB
  • 6 comments

Rhino_WJB

Premium
United Kingdom
Leeds, UK
Rhino_WJB
I recently had my PSP Go exchanged under warranty by Sony. Before the device was collected, I backed up all my games and save data in Media Go.

Having re-installed, GT Portable advises there is saved data present from "another system" and does not load it.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

I recently had my PSP Go exchanged under warranty by Sony. Before the device was collected, I backed up all my games and save data in Media Go.

Having re-installed, GT Portable advises there is saved data present from "another system" and does not load it.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Unfortunately for you, the save data is now useless. Polyphony Digital decided to 'lock' all game saves to the system in which it was created. You can't access that old save file anymore.

I had a similar problem. My PSP died and I had to borrow my son's PSP (which I'm still 'borrowing' after almost two years!). I was pretty pissed off to find out that I couldn't use my save data on my son's PSP. I also lost all my progress and had to start over again. Luckily, I installed CFW and just used a '1,000,000,000 credits' cheat so I could buy the cars and continue racing with the TAC/WTAC.

PD really messed up with that stupid policy on the game saves.

Its happened to me 4 times and it may happen again.... I brought my PSP as part of the GT bundle in Christmas '09. It then decided to have a software failure which meant it was replaced with an ordinary Piano Black PSP which I wasn't happy about. I was given a loan PSP to use untill they got a new GT PSP for me, which they didn't. Then that one broke as well (USB stopped working) so I ended up with a 4th PSP which is till working well, but I don't know for much longer. It's OK though, cause I've still got 2 years left on my warranty.

Very disappointing, but thanks for the replies.

PSP hardware does not seem very robust. From my own units:

PSP 1000 - SD card reader stopped working (out of warranty)
PSP Go - Returned: dead pixel (warranty)
PSP Go - Returned: faulty analogue stick (warranty)
PSP Go - Returned: dead pixel (warranty)

Now on my 4th Go. Hopefully Vita will have a better build quality.

Quite annoyed that I have to start again in GT Portable. Locking the save to a single device does not have the consumer in mind.

Only solution I can think of is becoming a Playstation subscriber and turning Automatic Update on or try transferring from PS3 straight to PSP ( Need a PS3 to do this! )

Put your PSP gamesave on your PS3 or someone elses.

It will finish your unfinished downloads that you not finished downloading such as a game or trailer.

Thats what it says on the PS3 below

" Automatic Update - Starts the system automatically and downloads patches, uploads new saved data to online storage and syncs trophy information with the server. "

I not sure but I think the online storage is only for PS3 Save Data though

302076_2494188564097_1534307085_32634407_202748925_n.jpg
308600_2494183283965_1534307085_32634405_973853970_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back