Problem burning data CDs.

• Thread starter tabs
  • 10 comments
United States
Southern California
Maybe you guys can help me out here.

Lately, whenever I try to burn a data CD (in this case, images) I get this message: Error writing multisession info file. Everything else works fine, I tried burning an audio CD a few minutes ago and it worked fine. I'm using Nero.

Any ideas?

Choose to close the CD. If you close the CD, the multisession info is not written, but you wil not be able to burn any more data to that CD.

Does Nero have a "test" option? This puts the CD writer head through the motions of burning w/out turning on the laser. This is good for checking if something works without burning a coaster in the process.

No, the program never starts to burn or at least I don't think it does. The CD is still good after I get that message.

Try using the regular windows burning tool. If I've had problems with burning a CD, I've always used it, and it always works fine for me.

I have windows XP and today I went to burn a CD in windows with the built in one and it wouldn't work. When I select the drive and right click and choose properties to choose the recording tab and there isn't one. It won't let me choose my recording speed or anything. Other programs won't let me burn either. I don't know what to do. How can I reinstall the drive or something so I can get this feature back in Window's XP and so I can burn CD's. It is a Pioneer DVD RW. To be exact it is a Pioneer DVR 104 or DVR A04. It came with our computer. The computer is a Sony PCV-RX670. So far Sony hasn't helped me. They just told me to uninstall the drive from the drive management feature in systems and then restart and it would recognize it. It recognized it after the restart but no recording feature.

This picture came from my computer, but another computer in the house is the one that doesn't work. I can't get this tab to show up. We have had the computer for two years and have never had this problem. It won't let me burn in any other application either. It will read CD's fine.

You've got bad drivers for that drive. You should go to your Control Panel, then go to System. In the System Properties popup menu, go to Hardware, then Device Manager. Scroll to find your bad drive, and double click it. You should see a device properties window popup. Either the drive isn't designed for burning (which is changeable via that small bar on the bottom of the window), or you need to update your drivers, which is on the second tab of that window.

I have the latest drivers and it still doesn't work. It worked from the time we bought the computer, April 18, 2002, to now. I also tryed uninstalling using device manager and restarting and that doesn't help either. Sounds like I will have to use my system restore and reinstall my Sims 2 and stuff.

The drive is a Pioneer DVD RW drive. DVR A04.
I don't have a cd either, it came with the computer.

Back