Problem if standards are upgraded to premium?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Barso
  • 26 comments
  • 2,525 views
Messages
60
Messages
Barso
I know that PD have stated they will upgrade some standards to premiums but this has gotten me thinking that surely the quality of the standards keeps the framerate up.
If a race was running with more premiums on the track then would the higher detail of the cars make the framerate plummet?
 
Not really because they wont do all 1000+ cars only a selected few.

And i have ran online with 12 people and didn't have any problems. Only thing is if you have more than 12 premium on the track with weather then you might have problems and i think kaz himself said that
 
Since we already have 12 and 16 car races with all premiums I don't see it would be a problem.
 
Maybe you will have to pay for a code to upgrade standard to premium. The code could also up the frame rate or something. Random thought
 
The only issue I see is all this extra content will need to be stored on the PS3 hard drive.
 
Yeah the download may be quite big I suppose.
 
Maybe you will have to pay for a code to upgrade standard to premium. The code could also up the frame rate or something. Random thought

:sick:
Obviously you misunderstand how framerate works.
 
What about the standard cars that are already owned. would it automatically change in your garage, or would you have to re-purchase the car from the premium dealership?

Just speculating...
 
What about the standard cars that are already owned. would it automatically change in your garage, or would you have to re-purchase the car from the premium dealership?

Just speculating...


Given the amount of money I have I wouldn't mind repurchasing, but hopefully they'll switch the ones we already have into the premium model automatically.
 
Isnt the frame rate double what it was going to be anyway? I think this was a Sony requirement for 3D? If the frame rate is already this high then a drop probably wont be noticeable on a 2D system?
 
If you notice there's a few cars available in both, the UCD and new car shop. Think classic supra, new Silvia etc. If you buy the premium you don't get the standard version, or vice versa.
 
In the Ferrari race I experienced slow downs with all the premium cars on the track. It wasn't horrible, but noticeable.
 
Also if they upgrade a standard to a premium, would they still keep the standard model in the game?
Off topic but have anyone seen the standard model Enzo? I haven't seen it or any of the P/S cars (standard 787B, Enzo,...).
 
No, not really! Once you get to the higher levels and you can buy some of the really high quality premium cars, you will be participating in races with the new tracks and all premium cars and the frame rate is still at perfect 60 frames per second! Maybe if there truly are so much on the screen happening for the frame rate to take a drop, but I won't really be bothered if it goes down to 30 frames per second, as long as it won't go down to something really low to make it look like a slide show.
 
You can already do races with 16 premium cars.. Theres no problem there, why would making standards to premiums be a problem in gameplay?
 
Hate to say this but I really dont wanna pay from my pocket to get this premium cars, they should just be added to the dealership so that u can keep on playing the game (grinding) to afford these new cars.. (off topic bigtime, just felt I had to state this)
 
Maybe you will have to pay for a code to upgrade standard to premium. The code could also up the frame rate or something. Random thought

This makes no sense. There's two ways to increase the framerate. Upgrade hardware, or downgrade what is processed on screen.
 
I'd rather have the missing 75% of the A-Spec from GT4 than ONE Premium upgrade car...

If Premium-izing a car doesn't change its' physics model, what's the POINT? Driving a prettier car around the same lobotomized game doesn't improve it one bit, IMHO.
 
If you notice there's a few cars available in both, the UCD and new car shop. Think classic supra, new Silvia etc. If you buy the premium you don't get the standard version, or vice versa.

Except they're not the same car at all..
 
If you notice there's a few cars available in both, the UCD and new car shop. Think classic supra, new Silvia etc. If you buy the premium you don't get the standard version, or vice versa.

They're different, probably just the engine though but they have a different name. The only standards that are exactly the same as some premiums are the ones imported from PSP, so they're only in Arcade Mode.

I hope the standards just get upgraded to premiums in our garage, don't really want to buy the cars again (assuming some of the expensive standard race cars get turned into premium cars). Wonder when we'll see the first few premium upgrades anyway, it's been a while already.


Edit: Guess I'm too slow. :p
 
Maybe you will have to pay for a code to upgrade standard to premium. The code could also up the frame rate or something. Random thought

:dunce:
I think somebody just pulled a Barker.
:p

Yeah the download may be quite big I suppose.

Well, if they do like ten cars at a time, like FM3 car packs, they should probably be of similar file size, so I'd guess around 130 or 140 MB for ten cars. (I don't actually remember exactly what the file sizes were in FM3, but that sounds about right.)
 
We've already had 180MB+ patches for the game. I don't think size is going to much of an issue except for a few. If you've got enough bandwidth to play GT5 online, you've got enough for a sizable update.
 
I'd rather have the missing 75% of the A-Spec from GT4 than ONE Premium upgrade car...

If Premium-izing a car doesn't change its' physics model, what's the POINT? Driving a prettier car around the same lobotomized game doesn't improve it one bit, IMHO.

You got a point. It's always been about the tracks/event for me with GT. GT4 was great in this aspect. Even if GT5 had all premiums, we'd still complain about the amount of tracks in the game. If GT5 had both not only would this be the #1 racing sim by far but someone would still have gripes about graphics, glitches, sound, options and so forth. There will be something to complain about regardless. But had they cover the main two, they wouldn't be receiving as much criticism as they are now.

Give me more tracks vs premiums any day. I would be fine racing 200 premiums with every single track in the GT series instead of 1000+ cars on 26 tracks with.
 
I wouldn't mind if the framerates don't drop below 24fps.

My Flight Simulator maxes out at 30fps, which is enough for a smooth experience.
 
No, not really! Once you get to the higher levels and you can buy some of the really high quality premium cars, you will be participating in races with the new tracks and all premium cars and the frame rate is still at perfect 60 frames per second!

What game are you playing? GT5 never has a perfect 60fps. It's all over the place (under and over 60fps), which is why screen tearing happens at certain points.
 
Back