Problem: not driving off when accelerating

• Thread starter Fidjeb
  • 14 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hi all, have a strange problem in GT Sports, and I hope somebody knows it or has a solution.

I am playing the game on a ps4 with the thrustmaster t300 rs and t3pa pedals. When I want to drive away from a standstill (the start of a race, after a spin or driving out of the garage in quali) i push the accelerator pedal to drive off. The game sees the input (the accelerator bar is responding, the revs are going up. So that's normal. The only thing is that the car doesn't move. It just stays on the position.

The only thing that helps is pushing the accelerator button on the ps controller once. After that i can drive off with the pedal set. Which is not ideal and causes some bad starts or big gaps after a spin.

What makes it more strange is that the problem only appears when driving with my wired headset. I plug it in to a wireless original ps controller. I've swithed the controls (rom L2/R2 to X) allready so that it can't get confused and thinks that i want to drive with the controller.

I've tried disconnecting all the cables but it didn't work.

What should I do to solve it?

Check that there's no input showing for brakes when it happens. If there is there's a potentional problem with your brake pedal or whatever controls are set for brakes on the DS4.
Check that the e-brake / handbrake light isn't lit up, you may have bumped the e-brake button on the DS4.
Beyond that I have no suggestions.

The cars in this game have some sort of torque converter, or whatever it’s called. If you don’t hit the gas hard enough, the motor just revs up and the gearbox doesn’t engage, it’s like it’s in neutral. Try hitting the gas a little harder/faster next time. 👍

Thanks for your ideas. I will check them later today.

In relation to the brake suggestion: the brakes are off. The handbreak on the other and i'm not sure off. The question i than have, why is the car driving away when pushing once on the throtle of the conroller and not when stepping on the gaspedal?

The question i than have, why is the car driving away when pushing once on the throtle of the conroller and not when stepping on the gaspedal?
Assuming it actually is the parking brake, it's probably a programming oversight. Programmers have set the parking brake to auto release when you press the throttle control, but may not have considered that you might have two controllers connected. It's likely slightly more complex to set it up so that the brake realeases when you press ANY throttle control than it is to program it to realease by the throttle control on the controller that applied the brake. If that's what it is, it may even be deliberate to stop you from releasing your opponent's brake when playing two player split screen.

What makes it more strange is that the problem only appears when driving with my wired headset. I plug it in to a wireless original ps controller. I've swithed the controls (rom L2/R2 to X) allready so that it can't get confused and thinks that i want to drive with the controller.
This sounds like it'll be a controller/wheel priority issue. I can't remember what the correct order is to eliminate this but I suspect you're starting the console up with the controller and plugging the wheel in afterwards.

Try starting your console using the console power button, with the wheel plugged in before you boot it up. You could also head into Devices and turn the controller off.

You could also head into Devices and turn the controller off.
If he does this he'll lose his headphone audio, which is the reason the controller was plugged in to begin with.

@Fidjeb a permanent solution if it's really only happening when the controller is plugged in would be to get a set of USB headphones and bypass the controller. There are some other more sophisticated options for sound without using the controller also listed in this topic: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/headset-hook-up-ps4.394872/

This sounds like it'll be a controller/wheel priority issue. I can't remember what the correct order is to eliminate this but I suspect you're starting the console up with the controller and plugging the wheel in afterwards.

Try starting your console using the console power button, with the wheel plugged in before you boot it up. You could also head into Devices and turn the controller off.

Thanks for the tips. Driving without the controller could be an option. But how do I get the sound and mic working? They are wired and have to be connected to the controller isn't it?

If he does this he'll lose his headphone audio, which is the reason the controller was plugged in to begin with.
Thanks for the tips. Driving without the controller could be an option. But how do I get the sound and mic working? They are wired and have to be connected to the controller isn't it?
It can be turned on again afterwards. The point is to force the game to recognise the wheel as the priority control device, by making it the only control device...

The cars in this game have some sort of torque converter, or whatever it’s called. If you don’t hit the gas hard enough, the motor just revs up and the gearbox doesn’t engage, it’s like it’s in neutral. Try hitting the gas a little harder/faster next time. 👍
Agree... it'll do it after a spin... crash, all sorts of things... if the car is at a standstill, and you apply moderate throttle, like, you know, real life, sometimes if just revs and sits there... Call it a glitch, or bug, or possibly related to the unrealistic throttle mapping... go full throttle and wait a second and it'll spin the tires and try and rotate on you... but that's about the only way to get it to react.

I’ve tried it. But all options didn’t work. Yes without the controller connected no problems. But after a while when the controller is connected it appears again.

i’m driving with minimal abs. When this is happening i now see that the abs light is on in red.

had two times now while testing that with a hard push on the brakes the abs will release and i can drive. But other times not. Does this sound like a bug with the abs?

The best way for now is indeed start by using only the tr300 and use the controller after the game is started.

Dial up traction control before trying to drive off. See what level (1-5) works best for the car you are currently using. Turn it off before you shift out of 1st. Other option is to try starting off in 2nd gear.

Update: did a long race yesterday with first power on the tr300 and later on the controller (after I started the game). This didn’t had any problems.

So @Famine you’re suggestion seem to work!

thanks all for the help.

Back