Problem: People can't join my room when I host in lobby GT7

• Thread starter hayashi86
  • 11 comments
Malaysia
Malaysia
hayashigt5
Hi everyone, I need help.

People can't seem to join my room when I host a game in GT7.

Althought my connection is NAT 2: Very high bandwidth.

Anyone has any idea to this?

Not sure if it's still relevant for GT7 but in GT5/6/S you needed to open ports for the PS or GT. First try that I guess.

BTW: Cool to see you here :dopey:

I have the same problem,
If i try to connect my PS4 to another connection like the hotspot, i can connect with everyone.

Do you guys think that's could be a connection problem?

I forgot something,
I have another PS4 in the house that is connected withe the cable to the router and that hasn't got any type of problem

Not sure if it's still relevant for GT7 but in GT5/6/S you needed to open ports for the PS or GT.
Absolutely not the case.

However it's a good idea generally to optimise your connection for online play by wiring it in instead or wireless, setting a static IP for the console instead of DHCP, and putting the console IP (or MAC) into the router DMZ. Mucking around with opening individual ports isn't necessary.

I have this issue but it doesn’t happen if I’m connected to my phones hotspot, only my home network. Could it be the router?

Absolutely not the case.

However it's a good idea generally to optimise your connection for online play by wiring it in instead or wireless, setting a static IP for the console instead of DHCP, and putting the console IP (or MAC) into the router DMZ. Mucking around with opening individual ports isn't necessary.
I did this and it's still Not working

I did this and it's still Not working
Okay.

Do you have any more information, or is that it? Also, why did you need to make a second account in two days to make a second post in the same thread?

It is a configuration to do on your router.
How to do is depending on the software, manufacturer, model, and maybe even ISP if the router is provided through the ISP.
I opened up a bunch of ports in my router which
I found online, that was the issue, it works now... Thanks

Back