Problem updating to 1.08 after game data deleted?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DxGxAxFNick
  • 6 comments
  • 2,634 views
Messages
213
Messages
DxGxAxFNick
I had to delete my GT5 game data and now I'm trying to reinstall and having problems. When I turn off my internet connection and install GT5 it loads up fine with my saved data intact. Now when I turn back on the internet connection and update to 1.08 I run into that insufficient space problem. I KNOW it is not a HDD space issue. I'd like to install the updates one by one and see which is the problem. Anyone know how to do so or a solution to my problem?
 
Last edited:
I figured out how to update one by one. Updated to 1.05 and saved game loaded fine so I saved, quit and restarted the game to download and install 1.06. 1.06 worked fine like 1.05. Now when I did 1.07 I ran into the Insufficient space problem. This is really frustrating as I was Level 29 A-Spec, Level 37 B-Spec, Most of the way through the licenses with all golds, about halfway through the special events with all golds. and had 560+ cars including all 20,000,000 cr. cars. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
I'm having the same problem. I am able to get it working on v1.06 but i can't get it to work on v1.08. I'm curious if anyone has been able to get there save game data to work with v1.08 after deleting the main game data and updating from v1.00. I'm assuming that a future update will fix the issue if there is no way to manually.
 
Have you tried copying your save data to a USB drive, deleting it from the PS3, updating on a blank save, and then copying your save data back over to the PS3?
 
did you back up you save before you deleted the Game Data(patches)? you made the mistake by playing on v 1.08 then deleting it, then playing on v 1.00.


try this

-delete patch
-start game offline and install the game & 8GB
- then restar and install the patches


if not you need to restart.


Also if you have a back up use that after reinstalling the game and patches
 
did you back up you save before you deleted the Game Data(patches)? you made the mistake by playing on v 1.08 then deleting it, then playing on v 1.00.

Also if you have a back up use that after reinstalling the game and patches

Ya that was the mistake I made

I'm going to try using an old back up on my flash drive if I still have it:nervous: I'll let everyone know if it works out. I think it will as I sort of remember someone else saying that worked for them. Just hoping i didn't delete that back up file for some stupid reason.
 
Back