Problem upgrading engine after race modification

  • Thread starter Thread starter IVofRussia
  • 11 comments
  • 2,295 views
Messages
26
I recently race modified my Lotus Elise 111R '04. However, I installed a few upgrades beforehand, as I wasn't aware that this car could be race modified until later. Now, the game won't allow me to further upgrade the engine. It claims that I already have the stage 1 upgrade installed; however, when I go to buy stage 2, it warns me that I must install it in the proper order, implying that I don't already have stage 1 installed.

Is this why everyone warns you not to install upgrades before race modifying? Or is problem unique to me? Can this be fixed? Do I have to buy another Elise along with another race modification in order to maximize this car's potential?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 
This happened to me with my ZR1, since then, i upgrade AFTER the racing mod and it works just fine. Unfoetunately you wont be able to get your full engine upgrade in that car again.
 
You have to RM your car first.
 
I have had exactly the same issue. I have not found a way around it. I have an RM'd car that is stuck on stage 1 engine tuning.
 
Don't the parts get removed and put in your Items folder. This is why you can't repurchase in the tuning shop. Just go select them from the Items folder and reinstall.
 
Don't the parts get removed and put in your Items folder. This is why you can't repurchase in the tuning shop. Just go select them from the Items folder and reinstall.

No, there were no parts in my items folder. I bought the stage 1 upgrade again, just to see if it would let me install it. It won't. It's just sitting in my items folder, and I'm not allowed to install stage 2.
 
Here's the solution... The tuning upgrades you put on the car have been disabled when you racing modded it. You need to go into the cars Settings (NOT the tuning shop) and re-install the Stage 1 Engine that's been disabled and it'll then let you add Stages 2 & 3.
 
Here's the solution... The tuning upgrades you put on the car have been disabled when you racing modded it. You need to go into the cars Settings (NOT the tuning shop) and re-install the Stage 1 Engine that's been disabled and it'll then let you add Stages 2 & 3.

This happened to me as well. You still have the part, just have to select it in car settings.
 
Here's the solution... The tuning upgrades you put on the car have been disabled when you racing modded it. You need to go into the cars Settings (NOT the tuning shop) and re-install the Stage 1 Engine that's been disabled and it'll then let you add Stages 2 & 3.

Ah, thanks. I'll try that.
 
Any luck there IVofRussia? I will try this out later and report back.

I've tried a lot of ways to get around it. I DID have the engine tuning items in my items list but when I went to fit them, I got exactly the same message ("must be fitted in order", or something).
 
Don't waste your time and money. Upgrading the engine tuning to stage 3 and then race modifying the car doesn't net you anymore HP.
 
Back