Problem with Driving Force GT Steering Wheel

• Thread starter GTV0819
  • 17 comments

GTV0819

(Banned)
Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinea
I noticed it before. My wheel just starts to vibrate whenever I turn it right or left about 900 degrees and it sounds like a 'BUZZ' coming inside the wheel. It also occurs when I'm driving and turning it. Did this occur to you? And did this happen because my Feedback is set to 10. Thanks for your help.

A slight "buzz" sound is normal as long as it is still functioning correctly.. Tho I recommend turning the Force Feedback down to 7 if you want it to last a while 👍 .. What's NOT normal is if your wheel is turning one direction 900 degrees???

jgancherjr
A slight "buzz" sound is normal as long as it is still functioning correctly.. Tho I recommend turning the Force Feedback down to 7 if you want it to last a while 👍 .. What's NOT normal is if your wheel is turning one direction 900 degrees???

No. I mean if it's like you're going to make a full U-turn either left or right that you will fully steer the wheel to that direction and once I do that, I hear something like a ground BUZZ inside the wheel and the vibration is also terrible, although the wheel still functions correctly. This also occurs when I'm playing since my Feedback is set to 10. Don't know if that's the one that caused it at the 1st place.

No. I mean if it's like you're going to make a full U-turn either left or right that you will fully steer the wheel to that direction and once I do that, I hear something like a ground BUZZ inside the wheel and the vibration is also terrible, although the wheel still functions correctly. This also occurs when I'm playing since my Feedback is set to 10. Don't know if that's the one that caused it at the 1st place.

Man my has always been like that, I honestly think its completely normal.. So, when you turn the wheel fully it makes that buzz noise, and the vibration becomes weeks and it just kinda "shimmies" and makes almost the sound of a constant plastic squeak? If that sounds correct that is what mine does also, and it is normal :)

No guys. I hear the buzz sound inside the wheel sounds like an electrical ground, as if it's like a static speaker and the vibration isn't normal.

The noise is normal. As mentioned turn down your FFB to 5-7 so you dont burn her out any faster.

Also a shimmy in a strait line if you let go of the wheel is normal its the programing in the FFB. More expensive wheels dont have this problem.

But even if I'm not driving with it, say I'm in the XMB menu of my ps3, if I fully turn the wheel to either right or left and I hold it longer, it will just vibrate so roughly while sending an electric buzz sound that isn't normal. I guess there's a problem inside the steering motor itself since it's like that.

GTV0819
But even if I'm not driving with it, say I'm in the XMB menu of my ps3, if I fully turn the wheel to either right or left and I hold it longer, it will just vibrate so roughly while sending an electric buzz sound that isn't normal. I guess there's a problem inside the steering motor itself since it's like that.

Yeah, it sounds like its, either where the motor connects to the gear is stripped or a gear is stripped.

From the electric buzz sound im thinking more the motor to gear connection.

I used one extensively for 3 years and never heard that, so no, it's not normal. Probably means your wheel is going. Might try turning down the FF see if that helps, but I'd start looking at wheels if you plan on playing GT6:sly: I upgraded to a G27 after the DFGT. It's a good step up in quality and the price was reasonable, about $220CDN (roughly the same as $US)

@Jonny

I have owned three of them of the last three years, and they make that sound straight out if the box, and it is quite normal. All he is hearing is the motors. That's all that is, nothing to worry about. Sounds like one of those adapters/cell phone chargers that make a buzzing sound when you hold your ear next to it, it's just a lot louder.

Lock2Lock
@Jonny

I have owned three of them of the last three years, and they make that sound straight out if the box, and it is quite normal. All he is hearing is the motors. That's all that is, nothing to worry about. Sounds like one of those adapters/cell phone chargers that make a buzzing sound when you hold your ear next to it, it's just a lot louder.

Yeah. For me, it sounds like that while it vibrates so roughly like someone is drilling a hole inside, although it still functions and do what it does. It only happens if I fully turn the wheel to either right or left then leave it there for a few seconds or while I'm driving with feedback set to 10. It isn't normal.

GTV0819
Yeah. For me, it sounds like that while it vibrates so roughly like someone is drilling a hole inside, although it still functions and do what it does. It only happens if I fully turn the wheel to either right or left then leave it there for a few seconds or while I'm driving with feedback set to 10. It isn't normal.

I guess I would have to see it to get a better idea of what is going on.

If it vibrates too much then its rotor problem the vibrator thing inside you have to open it and the rotor inside to clean it with sandpaper i had same problem now it works like a charm :)

If it vibrates too much then its rotor problem the vibrator thing inside you have to open it and the rotor inside to clean it with sandpaper i had same problem now it works like a charm :)
Great tip but a bit late! OP was 4 years ago!

I've been using my LT Driving Force Pro since 2005 when GT4 was in style (Still is a fav of mine). Anyway, used it to complete GT5 also, which as most know, I'm still having great fun with v2.11. The point being, that after more than a dozen years of play, just like the energizer bunny, it keeps going and going and going... 👍

2-PS2 GT4 SYSTEM LOGITECH DFP NEW.jpg

I've been using my LT Driving Force Pro since 2005 when GT4 was in style (Still is a fav of mine). Anyway, used it to complete GT5 also, which as most know, I'm still having great fun with v2.11. The point being, that after more than a dozen years of play, just like the energizer bunny, it keeps going and going and going... 👍

View attachment 696934

Logitech make some durable gear!

Back