Problem with Fanatec GT2 Wheel and Standard Pedals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Trippul G
  • 4 comments
  • 1,465 views
Messages
3
I finally got my GT2 wheel set up and working with GT5 (nowhere near as easy or straightforward as it is on the 360, but I digress)...but the problem I find I'm having is that there's no way I can see to adjust dead zone settings for the pedals.

I went into time trial mode, and I can see that if I put my foot anywhere near the brake pedal, the game registers that the pedal is being pressed slightly. I've noticed the same issue with F1 2010 on my 360, but the game has settings which allow me to increase the deadzone of the pedal to like 10% or so, and that quiets things down and lets me drive normally.

I'm really hoping that there's a similar feature in GT5 that I've overlooked, as otherwise there's really no way I can drive competitively.

Help?
 
Anyone?

I just got the pedals a few months ago, so it definitely doesn't seem like they should be showing signs of wear already. I don't really want to open them up and tinker around with things...I'm wondering if I should try getting a replacement from Fanatec, or if I should just bite the bullet and upgrade to the Clubsport Pedals.
 
The standard pedals always have those problems. I'm on my second set of standard pedals and they are showing signs of malfunctioning with the gas pedal. If you can afford it, upgrade to the Clubsport pedals.
 
i only know the CSPs but as they have no deadzone setting (only, and thats enough, a potentiometer for force needed).
I guess thus, that there is no such option neither on the standard pedals.
 
The standard pedals always have those problems. I'm on my second set of standard pedals and they are showing signs of malfunctioning with the gas pedal. If you can afford it, upgrade to the Clubsport pedals.

What did you wind up doing with your first set? Did Fanatec replace them for you? I got a response from them this morning, wanting me to show the problem in a video...preferably "with our driver software on a PC". Sure, no problem...would you like a copy of my passport, my social security number, and a lock of my hair as well? :ouch:
 
Back