Problem with freezing

  • Thread starter Thread starter BonsaiRx7
  • 9 comments
  • 494 views
Messages
2
Every so often the game freezes after a race is finished. Anyone else have this problem?
 
Hmmm. Ive' never heard of this. I assume you are not using a Shark, which is widely known to cause crashes or freezes.

Perhaps your disc has a small scratch that locks up the PS2 when it tries to load the race menu?

Hope this is a little help, and welcome to GTP!
 
nup...
check the air vents on the ps2 to see if they are clogged up with dust.
is the disk scratched?
 
how long do you run your ps2 for?
is it over heating?
 
Has anyone ever had an issue with there PS2 overheating?
I usually have mine running 24/7 and I've never had an issue with it. But now since I have said this I will probably get home tonight to find the PS2 on fire.
 
lol,
I've notice that the vents on myn do get cloged therefore restricting airflow... but i havent heard of overheating either. just throwing ideas around
 
I haven't had any problems of my P2 freezing, but I have had it slow down sometimes. Its not very often, but it does happen. Anyway, I cleaned up my P2 and the Discs and there hasn't been a problem since.

I do recommend having a check on the air vent.
 
Originally posted by boombexus
I usually have mine running 24/7 and I've never had an issue with it.

But you live in a fairly cold place don't you?
 
Myn is fine...i run it about 3 hours and average day.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Hmmm. Ive' never heard of this. I assume you are not using a Shark, which is widely known to cause crashes or freezes.

Perhaps your disc has a small scratch that locks up the PS2 when it tries to load the race menu?

Hope this is a little help, and welcome to GTP!

My disc had scratch too, and I just wiped it with a cloth:lol:, and it was as good as new!
 
Back