Problem with game data on Ps5

2F562EA6-1482-4CBE-9588-2C04BA701B04.jpeg
Hi there, I got my PS5 and installed GT sport ( I did not follow the suggested procedure to transfer data from ps4 to ps5 before installing because I didnt know and I didnt have my PS4 with me to do this), downloaded the game data from cloud storage and when I started the game I had no progress, re-downloaded the data, no progress, uninstalled the game, deleted all data, downloaded data again, reinstalled and no progress, like I was starting the game for the first time, so I gave up and waited to come back home to play on the ps4. Started the game on the PS4 and gues what… No progress at all, checked my cloud storage dates to be sure that the ps5 did not overwrite the ps4 data and it didnt. So I have the correct game data on my PS4, PS5 and cloud storage but I have no progress on the game. Anyone with a similar issue? What can I do? By the way when I check the game data info it says I have played 287 days and it has the correct credit amount and last car used, so the file is the correct one.

Thanks in advance.

No progress at all, checked my cloud storage dates to be sure that the ps5 did not overwrite the ps4 data and it didnt.
No, it didn't. But your server-side save data says you have no progress, and that's what the PS4 is fetching.

You've written a blank save file over your old save file by starting a new save on the PS5.

Conflict with the online saving system for sure.
Game would have detected something wrong (kind of DRM system) and erase in case save file was manipulated

Quite strange system, cause GT Sport need to be connected to internet so it can save progress in his servers.

Conflict with the online saving system for sure.
Game would have detected something wrong (kind of DRM system) and erase in case save file was manipulated

Quite strange system, cause GT Sport need to be connected to internet so it can save progress in his servers.
So, can I do anything? Or I have to start it over again? Is pretty weird because I have all my trophies but no progress in the game. Its frustrating so maybe I’ll just wait to GT7

Last edited:
Back