Problem with license test

stoopid_idiot

(Banned)
I was having problems with one particular license test. (I forget which one it is; I'm currently without a PS2) You start out at I think Trial Mountain in a red car (although i can't remember the make and model) and you launch from a standstill. You go up to 130 MPH before you have to brake at a corner, and for some reason (either it's the oversteer or too much pressure on the brakes) the car completely spins out. I tried to use Poor Man's ABS to help control the spin, but that leads to me failing the test.
Can somebody please help me? Thank You.

I was having problems with one particular license test. (I forget which one it is; I'm currently without a PS2) You start out at I think Trial Mountain in a red car (although i can't remember the make and model) and you launch from a standstill. You go up to 130 MPH before you have to brake at a corner, and for some reason (either it's the oversteer or too much pressure on the brakes) the car completely spins out. I tried to use Poor Man's ABS to help control the spin, but that leads to me failing the test.
Can somebody please help me? Thank You.

Okay, STOOPID-IDIOT! :lol: that's crakin me up. I can call you not just an idiot but a STOOPID idiot, and it's totally cool since it's your name!

Anyway stoopid idiot :) Here's some text from the "License A is IMPOSSIBLE" thread located just a few spots below this one. Let's take a look:

A4:It's the first test with a Skyline. You excited? Well, can the excitement because this test is no fun. Here's a hint- this is the EXACT same License Test as the B-License Final in Gran Turismo 3 and perhaps the same in other GTs. You're using the same car from those other GTs for this test. First, you need to set a proper line heading into the tunnel. Try to pick a line which you can maintain your speed without smacking a wall. REALLY good racers can be able to have enough speed that the brakes won't have to be used heading into the tunnel. Treat the next corner like a turn on a rally course. You're in a 4WD car, so drift that Skyline into the corner and stay composed. The next two sections should be attainable without having much in the way of practical driving. Perhaps the key section you want to nail is the sweeping corner leading to the fastest section on the track. You are not out of bounds if you drive through the yellow diagonal lines painted on the road. As a hint from me to you, if you master this part of the track, you are about 33% ready for racing this course later on. You will have to race a full lap around Trial Mountain when you get to the International-A tests.

So, as you can see, stoopid_idiot, this should help you...I assume this is the test you're talking about, stoopid_idiot...GT1 and not some other game. The Skyline and not some other car/test. 👍 If you're having problems with trail-braking/spinning, perhaps you're using too much brakes too fast; in which case you have to either

1. "feather" the brakes if you're using the square or some other button. You do this by tapping instead of pressing the button all at once, and this will slow you down more gradually instead of locking up the wheels... or....

2. give partial brakes if you're using the analog stick by pulling the brakes back only partially.

Last edited:
Okay, STOOPID-IDIOT! :lol: that's crakin me up. I can call you not just an idiot but a STOOPID idiot, and it's totally cool since it's your name!

Like I've mentioned before, It's a reference to Ren & Stimpy, one of the greatest cartoons of all friggin' time!

So, as you can see, stoopid_idiot, this should help you...i assume this is the test you're talking about, stoopid_idiot...GT1 and not some other game. The Skyline and not some other car/test. 👍 If you're having problems with trail-braking/spinning, perhaps you're using too much brakes too fast; in which case you have to either

1. "feather" the brakes if you're using the square or some other button. You do this by tapping instead of pressing the button all at once, and this will slow you down more gradually instead of locking up the wheels... or....

2. give partial brakes if you're using the analog stick by pulling the brakes back only partially.

Thanks a lot. That's the first thing I'll do when I get my PS2 this weekend!

Like I've mentioned before, It's a reference to Ren & Stimpy, one of the greatest cartoons of all friggin' time!

Thanks a lot. That's the first thing I'll do when I get my PS2 this weekend!

Oh yeah....it's been over 10 years since I watched Ren & Stimpy...that was one of the best cartoons EVER.

So which are you using? buttons or analog?

Last edited:
I personally find that analog provides a much smoother action; you can hold half-throttle or quarter-brakes instead of tapping tapping tapping to get that perfect amount....I think buttons are more difficult to use,but it's your call. 👍 Some folks have told me the opposite is true: they prefer buttons.

I'm a Beavis & Butthead fan myself. huh huh huh

Last edited:
Back