Problem with Mitsubishi 3000GT to Drift Properly

• Thread starter Jatman2008
  • 2 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gran Turismo 4
After many test runs on various cars .. ive gone with the Mitsubishi-3000GT
Its definitly one of the best cars for modifying...though thats where the problem is!
Gone all out! Full Race Specs: Racing-Exhaust, Engine-polish port,engine balance, Race chip,>Racing brakes & controller, Drivetrain-custom transmission,Triple clutch,variable LSD, carbon Drive shaft,>>TURBO-Stage4 Sports Intercooler> suspension -custom, VCD controller .
Ive tried to set up the Car As Best as Poss ...but it just does not accelerate as it should
<1st problem> braking into corners - will not steer in enough (ive bumped up the spring rate on the front and lowered it on the rear - still no difference)..and ive tried using the handbrake to get it to drift..AND THIS IS WHERE i got it to oversteer a tad but I CANNOT GET THE ACCELERATION ON EXIT..THE SPEED DROPS down BUT ..WHEN PRESSING X FOR POWER THERE IS A UNUSUAL DELAY!>>not realistic of a normal car<< if you press on accelerator you should get REVS/wheelspin Instant power IVE GOT THE VARIABLE DIFF ..CARS ALL TUNED TO 851 BHP track tested to
232.31 MPH..Top Speed on a 1000m run.
JUST DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON.
>>Does anyone know how i can get around this lack of performance<<
I HAVE TO SAY GT1 ..CARS MOVED REALISTICALLY... AS THE GAME has EVOLVED ...THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE HAS GONE DOWN and from what i can see the graphics have improved but cars in the game dont feel right when racing them around any of the tracks!! Hope GT5 is better.
However are there any databases where i can get Tuning figures to tune the car up.

<1st problem> braking into corners - will not steer in enough (ive bumped up the spring rate on the front and lowered it on the rear - still no difference)
You've done it the wrong way. Softer front and stiffer rear springs make the car oversteer easier, also reducing the front ride height and increasing the rear does the same.

One more thing... are you sure you have ASM and TCS turned off? You really don't want stability controls for drift runs.

..and ive tried using the handbrake to get it to drift..AND THIS IS WHERE i got it to oversteer a tad but I CANNOT GET THE ACCELERATION ON EXIT..THE SPEED DROPS down BUT ..WHEN PRESSING X FOR POWER THERE IS A UNUSUAL DELAY!>>not realistic of a normal car<< if you press on accelerator you should get REVS/wheelspin Instant power IVE GOT THE VARIABLE DIFF ..CARS ALL TUNED TO 851 BHP track tested to
232.31 MPH..Top Speed on a 1000m run.
JUST DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON.
I know what's going on. You have a bucket sized turbo that takes half a lifetime to spool up after you open the throttle. Swap it for a smaller one, youäll lose some peak power but get a lot better engine response.

>>Does anyone know how i can get around this lack of performance<<
I HAVE TO SAY GT1 ..CARS MOVED REALISTICALLY... AS THE GAME has EVOLVED ...THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE HAS GONE DOWN and from what i can see the graphics have improved but cars in the game dont feel right when racing them around any of the tracks!! Hope GT5 is better.
If GT1 was realistic for you you really shouldn't be playing GT series anymore to be honest, that game was so total arcade that it's hard to believe we thought it was realistic. The experience has definitely gone down in the "throw the car" area - and that area is pure arcade - but the realism has been greatly improved.

However are there any databases where i can get Tuning figures to tune the car up.
The GT4 Drifting subforum over this one would be my place to start. The guys there know everything needed about drifting in this game. You can even move the thread there yourself by the Thread Tools found in the red bar on top of the first post of this thread.

Cheers. Nice one. Ive just had a quick browse over some listed Drift settings .. Yes ..now i can say im getting a tad closer to the 'Throw the car' around experience.. as in GT1 (i can agree gt1 was a little arcade like but looked dynamic whilst racing -feeling of speed, which is lost with gt4) However .. Replay quality is the clincher.. looks fantastic.. with bit more experimenting... should be able get some extreme drifting going on. Thanks Again - jatman2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back