Problem with playing GTC PAL on modded PS2

My friend just picked up a copy of GTC in Spain while on vacation. We have another friend with a mod chiped PS2 so we took it over there to try out. Here's the problem:

We got the disc to load and the game plays, but the screen rolls continuosly and is in B&W. We thought it might be the old, cheap mod chip being incompatible, or something to do with video signals from teh PAL game not working with the US TV. The latter seemed a bit unlikely, but I wanted to ask anyway. Anyone have an idea what might be up, before my friend chips his PS2.

Thanks guys.

Venom :cool:

Yep, managed to find that out after a fair bit of searching...apprently you can buy PAL compatible US TV's though, so now the trick is finding a cheap PAL compatible TV. :rolleyes: Thanks for the time guys.

Venom :cool:

Yeah, I found out the hard way, I have to play my GTC in black, and white because NTSC to PAL converters are expensive

The fact that youre seeing an image but its in black and white is indicative that your chip works but your trying to view a PAL signal on a NTSC telly....or vice versa

most modern tellies will support both but like bazz said, you may have to drive it through your vcr (which will certainly be pal and ntsc controllable) then connect it to your tv...

good call bazz..

IMO opinion GTC isnt worth the hassle...you cant buy cars, you cant tune cars and its very very easy....

there are a couple of extra tracks though..

i have the same problem, not just gtc, but euro tenchu3, and euro zeonic front. thers nothing wrong with your chip there ven.
fortunately there are some high end capture cards that support PAL input, its off course not as great as TV but i finialy got to play it. :D

peace

yeah i have the TOP LOADING COVER with SWAP MAGIC DISCS. It works fine, you just have to swap the discs in the begining and off you go. I highly recommend it. Its a simple install that anyone can do. It has played all imports and backups so far. Havent had any trouble with it. Its about $50....which is pretty cheap because some chips run up tp $150. I highly recommend getting on ebay cuz it comes with instructions that will REALLY help you. Trust me, you need the instructions

Back