Problem with PS5 crashing after installing GT7 1.31 update.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I bought a PS5 with GT7 in November 2022.
I had no problems until after GT7 1.31 was installed.
A few days later after a race, the PS5 just stopped, shut down, and then restarted, and asked if I wanted to send a report to PS.
At first I thought it was a typical computer problem, just restart and all will be well, but playing daily it has happened 3 more times since then, so it’s not a bug that’s going away.

Has anybody else had this happen?

This is a copy of the report that was sent to PS.

Report Problem

Try the following to see if this problem can be fixed:

• If you see this error after starting a game, delete the game by going to [Settings] > [Storage] and then reinstall the game.
  • Start your PSS in safe mode and then select "5. Rebuild Database".
  • If you see this error repeatedly, reset your PS5 by going to [Settings]> [System]> [System Software] > [Reset PS] and then try installing the game again. (Make sure you back up your data in advance.)
If these solutions don't work, contact Customer Support.

The error occurs after starting a game, so if I delete and reinstall the game, what happens to all my progress?
I don’t want to lose it and start again.

What precautions do I need to take?

Thank you.

The error occurs after starting a game, so if I delete and reinstall the game, what happens to all my progress?

Thank you.
Your progress is saved remotely so no issues with deleting and reinstalling the game.

I bought a PS5 with GT7 in November 2022.
I had no problems until after GT7 1.31 was installed.
A few days later after a race, the PS5 just stopped, shut down, and then restarted, and asked if I wanted to send a report to PS.
At first I thought it was a typical computer problem, just restart and all will be well, but playing daily it has happened 3 more times since then, so it’s not a bug that’s going away.

Has anybody else had this happen?

This is a copy of the report that was sent to PS.

Report Problem

Try the following to see if this problem can be fixed:

• If you see this error after starting a game, delete the game by going to [Settings] > [Storage] and then reinstall the game.
  • Start your PSS in safe mode and then select "5. Rebuild Database".
  • If you see this error repeatedly, reset your PS5 by going to [Settings]> [System]> [System Software] > [Reset PS] and then try installing the game again. (Make sure you back up your data in advance.)
If these solutions don't work, contact Customer Support.

Thank you.
Does this happen with other games or only GT7?

Does this happen with other games or only GT7?
Only with GT7 - that is the only game I have!

FWIW your photo mode pics, replays and maaaaybe liveries (never made any so dunno) will get deleted unless you upload them before deleting the game.
Thanks, that won’t affect me as I haven’t done anything in scapes, photos or whatever. I just play the game! I watch replays of my races to see where I’m going wrong, but thats it, I don’t save anything.

Only with GT7 - that is the only game I have!

Thanks, that won’t affect me as I haven’t done anything in scapes, photos or whatever. I just play the game! I watch replays of my races to see where I’m going wrong, but thats it, I don’t save anything.
In that case try the reinstall as @Abarth_71 suggested. If it is still crashing after that, try rebuilding the consoles database (you won't losesave data doing that either).

Hopefully you can get these crashes fixes doing one (or both) of these.

Last edited:
In that case try the reinstall as @Abarth_71 suggested. If it is still crashing after that, try rebuilding the consoles database (you won't losesave data doing that either).

Hopefully you can get these crashes fixes doing one (or both) of these.
Thanks for your help and advice. I’m away for a few days now so I’ll do that when I get back next weekend.

Back