Problem with the seasonal event

• Thread starter Radic
  • 21 comments
Aexeus
first things first

I love the 1.05 patch, it adds a lot of great stuff, it is a good direction for future updates.

but, excited to do the seasonal events I bought the RX-7 and GTR vspec for the seasonal races, only to see the Bhp limit was slightly higher then the cars had, so I thought..

Awesome PD you've taken into account an oil change for the cars

So that's what I did and then.. Alas, the cars didn't qualify for the races anymore my GT-R has 501 bhp (from 485 which is extreme for an oil change) and my RX-7 got 210 (from 200, when 207 is allowed)..

So be warned!

so while trying to wear out the GT-R's engine it's now up to 519 (I know bhp goes up first) but an engine overhaul should bring it back to 485 right?

I did the same with the GTR. Not sure how many miles you need to do to bring it back down? Any ideas?

Just buy another one, and dont change the oil on the new one. These cars are dirt cheap, and it will help you towards the getting 1000 cars in your garage trophy anyway.

Just buy another one, and dont change the oil on the new one. These cars are dirt cheap, and it will help you towards the getting 1000 cars in your garage trophy anyway.

Cr.157,000 is cheap? But relative to what you win yes I suppose it is.
This problem with the horse power boost is something everyone should take note of, I luckily decided not to change the oil, just in case. Dont reduce the weight too much either because I dont think that can be reversed. Also it should be noted that the Nissan GT-R GT academy version cannot be used, not entirely sure why but I didnt mind too much having to buy the Vspec anyway.

I think a bigger problem is the need to be online... I know half the fun is in racing online, and that is fine if thats what you want to do. I don't though, as my connection is poor at best, so its only on when there is an update. I also find that all of the loading screens are much shorter when offline.

Now I'm forced to start the game up once with internet connection enabled to race these events and go to the new dealership, then quit to XMB and reset the setting in order to play again without the long lags in loading times...

buy a sports air filter it hits the limit
The problem stated is that having an oil change puts you OVER the BHP limit required for the races, so adding an air filter is only going to exacerbate this. What is needed is a (fast) way to bring down the BHP on a stock car that has had an oil change.

Why would an oil change on a brand new GTR up the horsepower? It shouldn't... surely...?
I used a brand new '09 GTR and simply put a racing airfilter on it, and of course the weight reduction.

I think a bigger problem is the need to be online... I know half the fun is in racing online, and that is fine if thats what you want to do. I don't though, as my connection is poor at best, so its only on when there is an update. I also find that all of the loading screens are much shorter when offline.

Now I'm forced to start the game up once with internet connection enabled to race these events and go to the new dealership, then quit to XMB and reset the setting in order to play again without the long lags in loading times...

I don't think you necessarily have to quit entirely to the XMB.. just exit game until you are in the screen where you can select GT Life and the trackmaker etc.. then log out of the PSN from the in-game XMB. You should be able to continue offline then, and you can also turn the trick around when you want to check out the online dealer.

Nonetheless, I agree that the players without (or with bad) internet connections have quite a disadvantage when it comes to value for money

Yeah, wish I had read this before buying three damn Fiat 500's...

:dunce:

The problem stated is that having an oil change puts you OVER the BHP limit required for the races, so adding an air filter is only going to exacerbate this. What is needed is a (fast) way to bring down the BHP on a stock car that has had an oil change.

No, he means just buy a sports air filter on its own, without an oil change. It hits the BHP limit that way.

Edit: This doesn't work for everything, just the Fiat 500 and Honda CR-Z so far. For the Mazda RX-7, just add a sports cat and it hits the limit, no oil change.

Last edited:
I've always just imagined that we are replacing the standard oil that comes in a street car with super duper fancy racing oil!!! lol...

I would love to see what fancy racing oil adds 20hp to a brand new engine :D

Eeven better what Lambo dealer sells a new car with cheap oil in it :)

The best way to solve this would just be to have the car predefined like in the licence tests. I think thats the way to go, same eighths time trial events.

It amazes me how many people still don't know that oil changes add HP in GT. There are like 10 threads about it today alone.

In real life switching to a very expensive premium motorsport grade motor oil such as Royal purple has been known to increase horsepower.

One thing I noticed is that while the events specify power, weight and tyre limits, you can still upgrade the other parts, such as gearboxes, suspension, clutch, flywheel etc... This should help you with winning the events, I won the CR-Z race on the second attempt. The GT-R race I won on the first attempt, you've got to wall ride a fair bit to do it, but otherwise it's a piece of cake.

I don't get this problem with an oil change or breaking in putting a car over the limit. Just lower the Power Limiter a notch or two, or add a kg of ballast.

Back