Problem with tires

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stealth311
  • 10 comments
  • 578 views
Messages
5
Hey, Im new to the game, only about 12.5% done, and I have been having a problem winning the American GT Circuit Championship. I have been using a Dodge Viper thats pushing over 1000 HP and whe nI race I always get in first place right off the bat, and everything looks great, but then my tires start urning to ****, they go from dark blue to red in a mtter of a few laps, and then they make me pit.....can anyone help? BTW I have been using Racing Super Soft Tires, and then tried Sport mediums and the same problem occurs....thanks
 
Try using a harder racing tyre and try a car with less power?
 
Have you tried Racing mediums or hards? They will last alot longer.

It also sounds like you are pushing too much power. Try dropping it to the 700hp region, then the rears won't get so stressed.



*edit* Beat me to it!
 
Well I installed a super charger on it, and now the HP is only 756, and installed Racing Hards, they did not wear out so quickly but damn I got smoked...Thanks guys
 
^just keep it at the high HP on racing hards and you'll be fine. you cant try to run the whole thing on super softs!!
 
Try also using traction control
 
Its not too high HP thats the problem its too high torque. The wheels are spinning and burning on the road surface instead of propelling you forward. Try increasing your traction control or LSD.
 
Stealth311
Well I installed a super charger on it, and now the HP is only 756, and installed Racing Hards, they did not wear out so quickly but damn I got smoked...Thanks guys

No need for sarcasm. Everyones ideas are good. Maybe you just need to become a better driver, so you're not relying on HP. How many a-spec points are these races worth?
 
Stealth, have you tried bolting a wing onto the thing? That ought to help things along also. And a good Suspension. And Brakes.
 
Back