problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blashyrkh_89
  • 8 comments
  • 680 views
Messages
12
Messages
blashyrk_89
Not sure If this belongs in this section but I'm putting it up anyways.
Alright, so I was having a problem with my GT5. I would be playing and either the home screen (right after the opening clip) or at random loading points would just keep loading. I started to notice that the music would go off and once it did, if you went to a menu or tried to buy a car it wouldn't load. So I would quit game and it shuts off and restarts my system.
Now I uninstalled and reinstalled the game data and now it doesn't load anything. I click on the GT5 disc in game and the screen goes black. So I either quit game and it restarts my system or I turn it off.
Uninstalled again and now it won't even start to install all the updates. It notifies me that I need to download 2.08 and I press ok. Says loading then restarts system.
Idk Wth to do. Idk if its my disc or if it'd the system or what. I have heard that server trouble messes with loading times but now it doesn't even start up. If anyone had encountered this problem and fixed it please help me out.
Thanks!
 
Have you tried loading the game from scratch offline? (Unplug network cable.) If it loads then at least you know it's not your disc or system.
 
Seems hardware, does any other blu ray disc work? If not, it's time to replace your blu ray lens.

You normally get random freezes and reboots before it dies completely. Your PS3 will run much smoother with an after market lens, the ones in the slims are horrible. They use a cheap one to cut costs.
 
Jaywalker
Have you tried loading the game from scratch offline? (Unplug network cable.) If it loads then at least you know it's not your disc or system.

Yeah it still didn't work.
 
Bluntified
Seems hardware, does any other blu ray disc work? If not, it's time to replace your blu ray lens.

You normally get random freezes and reboots before it dies completely. Your PS3 will run much smoother with an after market lens, the ones in the slims are horrible. They use a cheap one to cut costs.

I was thinking the same thing but no. Every other game I have load up perfectly.
 
Mine did this, everything I tried didn't work, I would have investigated further but I then won a new PS3 at a school raffle, so didn't bother!! :D
 
Blashyrkh_89
I was thinking the same thing but no. Every other game I have load up perfectly.

Have you tried a movie? Not all games are big enough to diagnose your lens. GT is big enough to do this. When mine went, most of my other games worked except GT.
 
You could try rebuilding the ps3s file system and or database via the 'secret menu' by holding down the power button, I forget exactly how but I'm sure a quick Google will tell you how to bring up the secret menu on your system, I used to fix consoles and we always did this before we tried cleaning or replacing the lasers on ps3s that wouldn't read discs.
Hope that helps.
 
Last edited:
Back