Problematic USB save game backup

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lambob
  • 4 comments
  • 646 views
Messages
1,612
Canada
Montreal, Canada
Messages
NobleAtreides
recently, I have decided to look into my USB stick and copy my save game into my computer, when I realised that the contents of the PS3 folder, (where it saves the files to from PS3 copy) ==> was at 0 bytes, nothing there.

the copy process was successful from PS3 moments ago. Then I'd scan my usb and notice cross linked files, so Win7 repairs it, then the update works.

problem is, this happens very frequently, and on two Kingston sticks that I have, an 8gb and a 32gb.

Does the PS3 corrupt the stick? are my sticks just perhaps weary? does anyone else suspect the PS3 to mess with their sticks?
 
I backup my saves all the time and this doesn't happen to me, I think it maybe your USB stick, but obviously I am only one opinion so if it happens to others then it is a problem but in my circumstance its never happened.
 
All I can add is thats not normal, i'm not a big computer wiz but you might try to google "Memory stick corrupt" or "memory stick problems" or something like that. You might find an explanation of your issue.
 
Just make a new user on your PS3, copy your game save to that user ( no need to sign them up to PSN ). When you want to keep something, like a ticket, just copy your game data to the backupuser. Then open the ticket if its not what you want delete that game save and copy over the save on backupuser and try again. Very simple.
 
No problems with my game data, I use 3 different sticks (all different brands) and one of them is really old - Get a new stick - If that still doesn't work then the problem is somewhere else. Side question - sorry for sounding dumb - do memory sticks get affected by magnets like HDD's do?
 
Back