Problemo

Messages
128
Messages
Porsche_1994
I tuned up a Nissan GTR Spec-V in Germany on my dads account and PS3. It had 851 bhp and was my drag car.

I come home today and I want to feel the 4wd acceleration again, so I go and buy the car and tune it up to full specs however the max bhp that I could get was 733.

Any help? Thanks

EDIT: Yes, I did do an oil change
 
2 things, did you change the oil yet? And German BHP is a little different to the US/UK, generally reads a bit higher, your lap times should be identical.
 
2 things, did you change the oil yet? And German BHP is a little different to the US/UK, generally reads a bit higher, your lap times should be identical.

Thanks for the help.
 
Well if the car is new and you change the oil before driving it then you should gain at least 10% and then horsepower will go up during the engine break in period.
However 118 extra horsepower might be a stretch.
 
Did you buy the same car?

Did you make sure you bought every power upgrade?

There is no other reason for a difference of that amount.
 
WRECKU - I quite like how you've set up your signiture, hope you don't mind if I copy it in some way?
 
WRECKU - I quite like how you've set up your signiture, hope you don't mind if I copy it in some way?

Feel free to copy it in any way you wish. :)
 
Well if the car is new and you change the oil before driving it then you should gain at least 10% and then horsepower will go up during the engine break in period.
However 118 extra horsepower might be a stretch.

Yeah, with such a large difference in bhp between cars then there must be a valid explanation.

I have friends in France, Belgium and Italy, they have all tuned their R35 V spec's to maximum bhp (aswell as myself) and we all have around 840-860bhp.

It would be very strange if Germany alone had some kind of different system that meant power was actually the same in performance terms (when racing) but different in bhp ratings i.e. the figure quoted in ''settings'', even though our engines had the same level of tuning.

:confused:
 
Yeah, with such a large difference in bhp between cars then there must be a valid explanation.

I have friends in France, Belgium and Italy, they have all tuned their R35 V spec's to maximum bhp (aswell as myself) and we all have around 840-860bhp.

It would be very strange if Germany alone had some kind of different system that meant power was actually the same in performance terms (when racing) but different in bhp ratings i.e. the figure quoted in ''settings'', even though our engines had the same level of tuning.

:confused:

Perhaps, I needed to do engine upgrades before turbo upgrades, will try that.
 
Perhaps, I needed to do engine upgrades before turbo upgrades, will try that.

I really don't mean to be rude or patronising, but there's 3 R35GTR's, I just want to check, you're 100% it's the same model that you had before??

I haven't tuned the stock GTR or the 'black mask' so I don't know if their maximum power would be the same or different.
 
I really don't mean to be rude or patronising, but there's 3 R35GTR's, I just want to check, you're 100% it's the same model that you had before??

I haven't tuned the stock GTR or the 'black mask' so I don't know if their maximum power would be the same or different.

Both times it was the Spec-v
 
Both times it was the Spec-v

Ok, apologies for asking dumb and possibly patronising question :(

Er, sorry, but I'm going to ask another one now, have you double checked that all possible tuning options have been bought, PLUS they have actually been fitted to the car and are not either in the ''items'' or have accidentically been switched back to standard / stock parts??
 
Ok, apologies for asking dumb and possibly patronising question :(

Er, sorry, but I'm going to ask another one now, have you double checked that all possible tuning options have been bought, PLUS they have actually been fitted to the car and are not either in the ''items'' or have accidentically been switched back to standard / stock parts??

All things were bought for both, I think it may be that the german one was PS (Pferde Steck) and the English one being BHP.
 
All things were bought for both, I think it may be that the german one was PS (Pferde Steck) and the English one being BHP.

I've got a feeling that bhp figures and PS figures are slightly different, even though the actual amount of power the engine develops is the same.

It all got a bit confusing when bhp was changed to PS and lb's/ft of torque was changed to nm.

It took a while for all manufacturers to start using the same ratings!!!!

:irked:
 
I've got a feeling that bhp figures and PS figures are slightly different, even though the actual amount of power the engine develops is the same.

It all got a bit confusing when bhp was changed to PS and lb's/ft of torque was changed to nm.

It took a while for all manufacturers to start using the same ratings!!!!

:irked:

Just checked the difference between ps and bhp and the difference is very slight indeed.

Will keep searching for the problem.

Thanks for the help everyone. :)
 
Just checked the difference between ps and bhp and the difference is very slight indeed.

Will keep searching for the problem.

Thanks for the help everyone. :)

Ok, best of luck, sorry I couldn't help find the actual answer.

Just to be really annoying and patronising one last time, you know that once a tuning part has been bought, you can go to settngs an alternate between the tuned part and the original stock part???

So it might have been bought, but doesn't necessarily mean it's fitted all the time???

Like I say, apologies for being really patronising, but this problem has really got to me and I want to know the answer!!!!

I keep racking my brain thinking what it could be.

:banghead:
 
Ok, best of luck, sorry I couldn't help find the actual answer.

Just to be really annoying and patronising one last time, you know that once a tuning part has been bought, you can go to settngs an alternate between the tuned part and the original stock part???

So it might have been bought, but doesn't necessarily mean it's fitted all the time???

Like I say, apologies for being really patronising, but this problem has really got to me and I want to know the answer!!!!

I keep racking my brain thinking what it could be.

:banghead:

You werent patronizing at all. :)
 
Ok, best of luck, sorry I couldn't help find the actual answer.

Just to be really annoying and patronising one last time, you know that once a tuning part has been bought, you can go to settngs an alternate between the tuned part and the original stock part???

So it might have been bought, but doesn't necessarily mean it's fitted all the time???

Like I say, apologies for being really patronising, but this problem has really got to me and I want to know the answer!!!!

I keep racking my brain thinking what it could be.

:banghead:

:dunce: Turns out some the parts were bought but not installed, thank you so much!. Guess I'm a bit of a :dopey:
 
Yaaaaaaayyyy 👍

:gtpflag: :gtpflag: :gtpflag:
 
Back