Problems Connecting WheelPC 

• Thread starter Trick_13
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
North East England
Trick-Chapman13
Hey everyone,

Just recently built my first gaming PC to start and enjoy some PC sim racing titles. Really enjoyed PC2 on Console so decided to buy it and download it for PC today.
Went to Control settings to try and configure my wheel and I just can’t do it. I’m using the Thrustmaster TGT and the TM sim hub with shifter and TSS handbrake connected.
Tried searching the web for info but I’m mainly just getting videos or advice on wheel settings and not how to set/configure a wheel to the actual game. Wheel has been working fine with AC and ACC all day but then I load up PC2 and nothing. Any help or advice is much appreciated, cheers

Hi Trick,

I personally don't have any experience with setting up a wheel on PC. Some Capt. Obvious questions here:

- Is the wheel already plugged in when you start up PC2?
- Does it detect the wheel at all, when you check out the control menu in PC2?
- Are you using Steam as a program to boot up PC2? If yes, check out this article, it might help.

I hope you will find the solution fast! Good luck mate.

Hey everyone,

Just recently built my first gaming PC to start and enjoy some PC sim racing titles. Really enjoyed PC2 on Console so decided to buy it and download it for PC today.
Went to Control settings to try and configure my wheel and I just can’t do it. I’m using the Thrustmaster TGT and the TM sim hub with shifter and TSS handbrake connected.
Tried searching the web for info but I’m mainly just getting videos or advice on wheel settings and not how to set/configure a wheel to the actual game. Wheel has been working fine with AC and ACC all day but then I load up PC2 and nothing. Any help or advice is much appreciated, cheers

A very basic question... have you first downloaded and installed the TGT and TM Drivers from Trhrustmaster??

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t-gt-en/

Is it working correctly in the Thrustmaster Control Panel - all pedals, inputs etc all working ok?

For PC2 and also for Automobilista 2, sometimes we need to Reset to Defaults the Wheel configuration... for it to be recognized, it happened to me several times... mainly after instaliing a new update or simply if I changed the main controller to be used on the game... (with this 2 games both using Madness engine) By the way. if you still haven´t tryed it... you must try Automobilista 2... it´s almost like PC2.75 (at least..) regarding FFB and Car physics...

upload_2020-5-26_15-19-54.png

For PC2 and also for Automobilista 2, sometimes we need to Reset to Defaults the Wheel configuration... for it to be recognized, it happened to me several times... mainly after instaliing a new update or simply if I changed the main controller to be used on the game... (with this 2 games both using Madness engine) By the way. if you still haven´t tryed it... you must try Automobilista 2... it´s almost like PC2.75 (at least..) regarding FFB and Car physics...

View attachment 924297

Ok thanks very much for the info, I’ll give this a try once I’m home. I’ve only just got PC set up on Saturday and downloaded 4 games, AC,ACC,PC2 and AMS2. I haven’t tried AMS2 yet but watched many vids on YT and it looks really really good.

Hi Trick,

I personally don't have any experience with setting up a wheel on PC. Some Capt. Obvious questions here:

- Is the wheel already plugged in when you start up PC2?
- Does it detect the wheel at all, when you check out the control menu in PC2?
- Are you using Steam as a program to boot up PC2? If yes, check out this article, it might help.

I hope you will find the solution fast! Good luck mate.

Hi AvolA,

The wheel is already plugged in when I start the game. It doesn’t have the TGT listed but it also didn’t on the console version, selecting the T300rs option worked on console though.
I’ll check out the link, cheers

No can’t get anything to work. Tried things that were said in the link including deleting PC2 folder from desktop, un-ticking all boxes in steam controller settings, unplugging TGT before booting up PC2, unplugging TGT after booting up PC2, booting up from desktop and inside steam. Trying reset to defaults, trying different Thrustmaster wheel models in PC2, nothing, zip, nada!!! Just don’t see how things can’t be simple in this day age what a carry on, hours of my time wasted and I’m still no further forward. Steam is detecting my TGT but PC2 is not, shaking my head in disbelief when all I want to do is game.

Attachments

• 7F23988A-1090-4043-8644-76526BB44463.png
    7F23988A-1090-4043-8644-76526BB44463.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 18
I'm not a PCer but before starting the game could I suggest disconnecting your controller leaving just the wheel. PC2 can be a bit picky at what it sees.

Update:

Got it working, somehow! Was messing about some more and when loaded game back up it had selected TS-PC as the default wheel, I went into edit assignments and immediately could edit the steering axis. Went to calibrate wheel and it let me calibrate it. All good now but the FFB feels fairly week even with gain on 100%. On console having this at 100% would nearly rip my arms off. Anyway thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated

Back