Problems Loading?

• Thread starter Dagersh
  • 11 comments
dagersh
Hi Guys,

I did a search, but came up with no solution or insight...

I cannot load GT Academy. I can get to the Track Starting Scene, but it will not let me actually start the race.

This is happening on all of my PS3's and in multiple Internet Environments.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Thanks,

Gersh

What happens when you try to go to track? Are you able to actually select it? Does it acknowledge your button press then just fail to load?

The more information you provide the more likely you are to get a helpful reply.

DOUQA,

It just hangs up, and its not only in Academy. I am sitting here now waiting 10 minutes for a car change. There is some thing really wrong. I have gone through multiple system restores because when I try to quit out of the game it hangs up as well.

Again, same behavior over multiple PS3's and ISP's.

Weird....

Douqua,

Also it really hangs up going from the "requirement/entry" screen to the "track screen".

Thanks for taking the time to help, BTW! Much appreciated!

Michael

DOUQA,

It just hangs up, and its not only in Academy. I am sitting here now waiting 10 minutes for a car change. There is some thing really wrong. I have gone through multiple system restores because when I try to quit out of the game it hangs up as well.

Again, same behavior over multiple PS3's and ISP's.

Weird....

Try it with the game offline, not connected to the internet and see if there is an improvement in speed in the menus.

If its a lot quicker when you are not signed into PSN then it's your internet or your PS3 connection to your modem.

If its no quicker offline then i'm unsure.

Douqua,

Also it really hangs up going from the "requirement/entry" screen to the "track screen".

Thanks for taking the time to help, BTW! Much appreciated!

Michael
If you've tried multiple systems, Internet providers, and have restored, try it without your save file. If none of these things fix it I can only imagine you have a damaged/dirty disc.

EDIT: You meant PS3 restore I assume? Try deleting your GT6 game data then reinstalling.

How do I delete the Game Data without totally destroying my progress? Willing to try it, just do not want to start from scratch.....

Go to game data utility and delete the gt6 files.

Your game progress is stored under saved data utility so leave that alone and you will keep your progress.

DOUQA,

No joy. It won't load the HDD screens after even the 1st Update has been downloaded and installed. I tried to go further than that by a couple of further Updates, but the HDD Screen would not even come up until the 4th or 5th (100mb), and then would hang at approximately 100 minutes for about 20 minutes and then it would throw an error. On an up note - at least the system was no longer shutting down so that I would have to go through a restore cycle.

I am at wits end, and just did a complete system restore.... It will have to wait until next weekend. Although I am having the same problems with my PS3 in the City as well...

This sucks, and there is no way to seek assistance from PD.

Thanks,

Michael

Back